QTP 11 patch – Fixes .NET, BPT, Service Test and other issue

If your using QuickTest Pro 11 I highly recommend that you install patch QTP_00709. The patch fixes the following issues:

For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article: QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates

1. If the QTP_00699 – Support Testing on 64-Bit Applications (For Specified Technologies) patch was not installed on 64-bit operating systems, all .NET 4.0 controls on 32-bit applications were recognized as SwfObjects.

2. Recovery scenarios did not work in BPT wrapper tests.

3. Run-time errors were displayed if you ran a business component that contained a QCUtil.CurrentTest.Name step.

4. Function libraries that were created from an application area, opened in read-only mode.

5. In Quality Center 10.00, the Parameters of Test dialog box opened when you added QuickTest 11.00 tests to the execution grid.

6. If a QuickTest test called a Service Test test (and both tests were stored in Quality Center), the run results for the  Service Test test were not uploaded to Quality Center at the end of the run session.

7. If you renamed a QuickTest action after inserting a call from it to a Service Test test, an error occurred during the run session.

8. QuickTest crashed or an OS blue screen appeared when using a User-Defined / Non-HLLAPI emulator on Windows 7 with Office 2007/2010 installed.

9. You could not view the baseline history for scripted components that were stored in version control-enabled Quality Center projects.

10. In QuickTest, if you tried to delete an application area that was associated with one or more components, QuickTest mistakenly opened a message box asking you to confirm the deletion of the application area instead of informing you that the application area is in use and providing you with further instructions. This occurred only if the application area was moved to a different location in the Quality Center/ALM Test Resources module after a component was associated with it.

Succeeding with Automation Awesomeness. I’ll show you how!

Test automation, like all development efforts, is difficult. Most projects don't succeed. You can do better! Sign up and receive exclusive content like my free 10 Proven Actionable Steps for Automation Awesomeness from some of the biggest testing leaders in the industry. Let me help YOU succeed with Test Automation! Sign up now:

Jhon - March 27, 2011

can you give me the link to download the patch QTP_00709, thanks

Joe Colantonio - March 27, 2011

Jhon »You can download the patch QTP_00709 here. I’ve also added the link to my post – thanks!

oscar - August 2, 2011

QTP 10/11 Object spy Can’t See WPF Objects, QTP has all the add-ins(.NET/WPF) installed but no luck.

i been searching in forums but i cant find any new ideas, any help will be appreciated

Joe Colantonio - August 6, 2011

First make sure that when recording you check the check option “Record and run test on any open Windows-based application” option. Also have you installed any patches? I know there is a WPF patch QTPNET_00062 – that fix Various WPF Add-in Issues.

QTPNET_00062 Read Me:

Readme:
    PROBLEM :
    This hotfix fixes the following problems:
    1. QuickTest Professional sometimes caused .Net 4 WPF applications with multiple AppDomains to crash.
    2. QuickTest Professional sometimes caused an error message to be displayed by the application when
    spying on a specific WPF combo box.

This hotfix also enables you to set a registry setting that instructs QuickTest to recognize WPF UI elements that
    QuickTest does not recognize by default.

Example: By default, an element of type System.Windows.Controls.Canvas
    will not be captured by QuickTest in the Object Spy, Learn, Record, or any
    other mechanism. This hotfix enables you instruct QuickTest to identify
    elements of this type.

Hope that helps – Cheers~Joe

shashank chaturvedi - August 17, 2011

@Oscar – QTPNET_00062 is not available on HP site, i was told to use WEB_00073, but that is not much of use. Anyways this is how I usually works on WPF
1> Try to load WPF application from QTP (systemUtil.Run)
2> Then use Object Repository and click on +Object icon( button to add object in repository)

Also in case you use multiple Screens, try to open WPF in primary Window.

Hope this will solve your problem.

All the best!!

shreya - August 17, 2011

Hello Joe, First .. thanks for a huge pool of information for all !!!

About patches, I am using QTP 11 with IE 8 browser ( bhomanager addon is enabled ) , not able to use refresh and navigate functions, qtp doesnt record any browser navigations either.

please help ! much appreciate
thanks !

Joe Colantonio - August 17, 2011

shreya » Thanks Shreya! Have you taken a look at HP’s article KM538333 Tile:Browser object methods (Back, Forward, Home, Refresh, Navigate, etc.)
    are not executed
    ?Hope that helps.Cheers~Joe

Shreya - August 22, 2011

Hello Joe,

yes i did try this before, disabled all add ons except bhomanager , – but i got general run error upon execution.

Second possible cause which i found on internet was – enabled protected mode, which i couldnt regulate ( due to restricted permissions ) but i lowered the privacy settings to “accept all cookies”,

I still have same issue,

any thoughts ?
      Thanks !

Sanchit - August 31, 2011

QTP is working very slow while doing any operation like add anobject, highlight an object , etc for WPF objects,
Even, it takes more than 30 seconds to perform single click action on WpfButton
Any patch or solution?

Sanchit

Joe Colantonio - August 31, 2011

Sanchit » Hi Sanchit – I don’t see any WPF patches for the issues you are having – that does not mean that HP doesn’t have a hot fix. You might want to dbl check with them. I have seen similar issues with applications that have large, deep, object hierarchies, or a large number of objects in a screen, some of which may not be visible, or apparent. I would try and disable the QTP Active Screen capture feature, go to Tools->Options->Active Screen, and set the Capture Level to “None”. Hope this helps. Cheers~Joe

tommy do - September 5, 2011

I can’t seem to find the PeopleSoft patch QTPPS_0003 on the support site anywhere. Do you have a link to that or a copy of that?

Joe Colantonio - September 5, 2011

tommy do » Hi Tommy – Sorry the problem might be because of a type – the name of the file should be QTPPS_00003 – I was missing the extra zero. Just in case I’ve also uploaded the file to my download section:
    http://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads/. Cheers~Joe

tommy do - September 5, 2011

Wow. that’s awesome. Thanks for doing that! All of quicktest stuff now is so buried in their website as opposed to when it was owned by mercury.

Joe - September 14, 2011

Hi

I m using QTP 11 and wanna use it with FF 3.6. But it is not identifying the objects in FF 3.6.

Any patch available

— Ramnjit

Joe Colantonio - September 16, 2011

Joe » Hi Ramnjit – There is a QTP 11 patch QTPWEB_00063 – that provides official support for testing Web applications in Firefox 3.6. Hope it helps your issue. Cheers~Joe

ramesh - September 18, 2011

Hi joe,

I m using QTP11 on IE8 with application environment as .Net, Silverlight 4.0. on windows 7. QTP is recognising primary object while interacting with application at one button click IE gives error & close entire application not get opened till qtp window is open.

Can you please guide?

Ramesh

Joe Colantonio - September 18, 2011

ramesh » Hi Ramesh – Sorry since I don’t use the Silverlight add-in I have not seen this behavior before. You may want to contact HP support and see if there is a hotfix for this.

Madhu - April 3, 2012

I am also facing the same issue with QTP 11 on IE8. Is this issue resolved for you.

Can you please guide?

Madhu

Vali - September 29, 2011

Can you please let me know where I can get the pacth QTPNET_00062? I searched HP support page as was unable to locate this patch.

My problem: I have a WPF application. I can spy this application with QTP’s spy in any enviroments except 2003 server. In all other environment (windows 7, XP, 2008) by spying the WPF application, I get an WPFwindow. However in 2003 it returns me a normal window object (which is not correct). I have the exact installtion (QTP11 with two hot fixes QTPNET_00051 and QTP_00709) in all environments. I aslo truned on the Adds-in.

Do you have any idea what can cause this issue in 2003 server enviroment?

Joe Colantonio - October 1, 2011

Vali » Hi Vali – I uploaded QTPNET_00062.exe to http://www.joecolantonio.com/download. Since this is a HP hotfix and not an “official patch” they don’t normally give it out unless you contact them directly. As always I am placing it here a convenience but it is always recommended to contact HP support first :) Cheers~Joe

oscar - October 15, 2011

i’m trying to interact with wpf objects for example wpfList object but i’m getting no where. i have tried using the different functions or methods available but like i said i’m getting no where. for example in QTP(10 or 11) i have tried using the object reposotary and object spy but when i tried to access the objects inside the wpfList list view it seems like qpt does not know how to find them. i have to be missing something, when i used the object reposotary to learn the objects qtp sees the objects i want to interact with but when i run the script objects in the wpflist dont do what i tell them to do, like open when i call the click method.

i know i’m sort of repeating myself but i’m getting very frustrated, any help would be appreciated

Joe Colantonio - October 17, 2011

oscar » Hi Oscar – I know hoe frustrating QTP automation can be and unfortunately these types of issues are usually hard to troubleshoot. When you use QTP 11 to spy on the object what “Class Name” does QTP recognize them as? I created a simple WPF app and added a WpfList control with 5 items.
    I’m able to record and run a QTP script that recognizes the wpflist and all the items in it without issues. Are you sure the WPF add-in is loaded? Also make sure your Record and Run Settings have the option “Record and run test on any open browser” and “Record and run test on any open Windows-based application” are selected. Cheers~Joe

oscar - October 17, 2011

thanks for your feedback,
      just like you suggested i already had made the qtp configuration changes.

QTP: has no problems recognizing the wpf objects, for example for this case qtp sees the WpfList as the class name.

here is one of the statements i have tried: using Object repository
      WpfWindow(“WpfWindow”).WpfList(“listView”).GetItemsCount
      i get a count of 0, but there are 2 items in that list, they represent 2 different buttons.

can you please post a snashot of your code, i wanna see how you made it work if thats no problem

Joe Colantonio - October 19, 2011

oscar » Hi Oscar – here is the screenshot – . Can you send me a quick screenshot of your app? When you say buttons are they actual button objects inside the WpfList?

oscar - October 20, 2011

i dont see your screenshot

yes, the WpfList window has the wpfButton and i want qpt to interact with them like if i tell qtp to click the button it should be as simple as:
          WpfWindow(“WpfWindow”).WpfButton(“SignalIO”).Click
          Or also i have tried
          WpfWindow(“WpfWindow”).WpfList(“WpfList”).WpfButton(“SignalIO”).Click
          BUT NONE works

i cant add screenshot here i will sent you an email instead, thanks for willingness to help

Priya Shah - October 17, 2011

Hi I am automation an application using QTP. Application is developed in .NET 4 Framework in which custom controls DevExpress and WPF are also used for the development. In one of the screen one of the Button is getting identified as “WpfButton” which is recognized by QTP and the Type of this button is “System.Windows.Control.Button”. Issue I am facing is while running as QTP performs the click operation on this button the application crashes and an exception messages appears. I also tried to click on button using SendKeys method and MouseClick operation of Mercury device replay but none of them did worked. Click operation or pressing the Enter key on the button don’t work. Exception message appears is as follows:
An unhandled exception occured, and the application is terminating.

Joe Colantonio - October 17, 2011

Priya Shah » Hi Priya – I created a simple WPF application that contains wpfbuttons (System.Windows.Control.Button). Using QTP 11 I can click on them without any issues. Are you able to add them and highlight them from the object repository? What OS are you using.
    HP did have a WPF patch QTPNET_00066 that Fixed Various WPF Add-in Issues BUT for some reason its no loner available from their patch site. You might want to contact HP and see if they have any hot-fixes for the issue you are seeing. Cheers~Joe

Balaji - April 16, 2013

Hi Priya,

I am facing the same issue, have you resolved it?. if so, could you please tell me ?

Murugan - November 16, 2011

I have installed QTP 11 with TE addin(for AS400 )
I have windows 7 installed on my machine.

can you tel me – is there any patch I need to install additonally?

Joe Colantonio - November 18, 2011

Murugan » Hi for an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article: QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates. I would install all the patches that are critical and all the win7 patches. Are you having any specific issues? Hope this helps you. Cheers~Joe

Paul Swaab - December 2, 2011

I have a windows 7 x86 machine installed QTP11 and have installed QTP_00699 patach the many of the applications have been installed via MS APPv when i try to record window base application this is not recording even when opening my computer any ideas?????

Joe Colantonio - December 5, 2011

Paul Swaab » Hi Paul did you figure this out yet? I’m not familiar with MS App-V so I can’t repro your exact situation. To narrow down the issue are you able to record against an app –like notepad — that wasn’t installed using App-V? Dumb question are you sure that the ‘Windows Application’ tab has the ‘Record and run test on any Windows-based application’ selected?

Paul Swaab - December 6, 2011

Its not only APP-V when i try to record from the start menu i.e My Computer Microsoft office 2010 Word or any application it does not record the systemUtil.run i can manually type this in and it will launch but after that what ever i record it does record I have qtp 11 on XP machine and i have no problems i have checked on setting and option and they are the same setting on XP and windows 7 for QTP. If i record web the same thing happens it does not record the systemutil but after that it does record any actions taken

Mannan - January 25, 2012

I have installed QTP 10 on windows xp, for some reason the QTP is working really slow like while opening a test, closing a test or saving a test etc…
Can you please suggest me any way to make the QTP work normally.

Kevin - March 5, 2012

I got the same problem too .
    On my analysis, it’s a BUG for the QC.
    I catching the sql code which execute When opening the qtp script on QC.I found that ,the sql code “ORDER BY RP_PARENT_PATH” expend almost duration .

for example :
    SELECT RP_ID,RP_PARENT_PATH,RP_NAME,RP_PATH_ID,RP_MODIFIED_TIME,DATALENGTH(RP_DATA) AS DATA_LENGTH
    FROM (
    SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=’0/1/6/683/’ AND RP_NAME=’Default.xls’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.* FROM (
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME =’Default.xls’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER
    UNION ALL
    SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=’0/1/6/683/’ AND RP_NAME=’Test.tsp’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.*
    FROM (
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME =’Test.tsp’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER
    UNION ALL SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=’0/1/6/683/’ AND RP_NAME=’Parameters.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.*
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME =’Parameters.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER
    UNION ALL
    SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=(SELECT RP_PARENT_PATH + cast(RP_PATH_ID as varchar(255))+ ‘/’
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_NAME = ‘Action0′ AND RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME=’Resource.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.*
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = (SELECT RP_PARENT_PATH + cast(RP_PATH_ID as varchar(255))+ ‘/’
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_NAME = ‘Action0′ AND RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’)) AND RP_NAME =’Resource.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER
    UNION ALL SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=(
    SELECT RP_PARENT_PATH + cast(RP_PATH_ID as varchar(255))+ ‘/’
    FROM td.REPOSITORY WHERE RP_NAME = ‘Action1′ AND RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME=’Resource.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.* FROM (
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = (
    SELECT RP_PARENT_PATH + cast(RP_PATH_ID as varchar(255))+ ‘/’
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_NAME = ‘Action1′ AND RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’)) AND RP_NAME =’Resource.mtr’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER INNER JOIN td.REPOSITORY ON td.REPOSITORY.RP_PARENT_PATH LIKE FOLDER.FILE_PPATH + ‘%’) D
    UNION ALL
    SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=’0/1/6/683/’ AND RP_NAME=’default.cfg’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0
    UNION ALL
    SELECT td.REPOSITORY.*
    FROM (
    FROM td.REPOSITORY
    WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME =’default.cfg’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER INNER JOIN td.REPOSITORY ON td.REPOSITORY.RP_PARENT_PATH LIKE FOLDER.FILE_PPATH + ‘%’) D UNION ALL SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM td.REPOSITORY WHERE RP_PARENT_PATH=’0/1/6/683/’ AND RP_NAME=’1221.usr’ AND RP_PATH_ID=0 UNION ALL SELECT td.REPOSITORY.* FROM (SELECT td.REPOSITORY.*, RP_PARENT_PATH + convert(varchar,RP_PATH_ID)+’/’ AS FILE_PPATH FROM td.REPOSITORY WHERE (RP_PARENT_PATH = ‘0/1/6/683/’) AND RP_NAME =’1221.usr’ AND RP_PATH_ID 0) FOLDER INNER JOIN td.REPOSITORY ON td.REPOSITORY.RP_PARENT_PATH LIKE FOLDER.FILE_PPATH + ‘%’) D) D
    ORDER BY RP_PARENT_PATH

Hope Joe can give we the good resolution

Sam - January 26, 2012

i installed QTP and QC with all plugins and as per the installation guide. i have admin rights, but when i try to run automation scripts from QC, i’m getting followin error, can you please help in what to do now?

Failed
Unspecified error
Failed to update TSTest: Access violation at address 008EA7DE in module ‘bp_exec_agent.exe’. Read of address 00000000 .

Joe Colantonio - January 26, 2012

Sam » Hi Sam – I found a known issue that sounds almost exactly like the issue you are having. You will have to contact HP support to confirm that this hotfox will work for you.

Customer symptom
    Failed

Invalid pointer
    Failed to update TSTest: Access violation at address 008EA466 in module ‘bp_exec_agent.exe’. Read of address 00000000

when executing test from Quality Center

Customer resolution

A hotfix was provided

Please install patch QTP_00854 with the issue formal fix.

Sam - February 1, 2012

Thank you very much Joe you are life saver.

Joe Colantonio - February 3, 2012

Sam » Awesome! Glad it helped. This issue drives me crazy!

Sam - February 21, 2012

i installed the patch QTP_00854 and still i get the same error.

Failed
          Unspecified error

it took me days to get the patch from HP. today we requested them directly and able to get it.

can you please help me? i have admin rights and try running the files in compatibility mode and normal mode, as admin and as non admin, but this issue is not resolved.

Bregards,
          Sam

Joe Colantonio - February 21, 2012

Sam » Sorry Sam, I don’t have any other info on this — you should contact HP at this point. The HP KB article for this error is Document ID:KM1283251

Sam - February 23, 2012

Thank you Joe.

i will get in touch with HP and ost the resolution if it works for me.

Brgds,
          Sam

Sudha - January 30, 2012

Joe,
I am working on SAP web UI applications with QTP 11.0. I am having trouble spying the objects in the web table. QTP is recognizing the web table but not the objects in that table. Here is the recorded script looks like. When I replayed the same script its failing in the last step. QTP could not identify the “Account Identification” object. Can you please help me?
Browser(“Logon – SAP Web Application”).Page(“Logon – SAP Web Application_2″).SAPButton(“Log On”).Click
Browser(“Logon – SAP Web Application”).Dialog(“Windows Security”).WinEdit(“Edit”).Set “test_xxx”
Browser(“Logon – SAP Web Application”).Dialog(“Windows Security”).WinEdit(“Edit_2″).SetSecure “4f2213145c3e49e993504c213bb66e031705b8e25382c044″
Browser(“Logon – SAP Web Application”).Dialog(“Windows Security”).WinButton(“OK”).Click
Browser(“Logon – SAP Web Application”).Page(“Interaction Center – [Home]_2″).SAPFrame(“Interaction Center – [Home]”).SAPNavigationBar(“SAPNavigationBar”).Select “Account Identification”

Joe Colantonio - February 11, 2012

Sudha » This is hard to troubleshoot without being able to see it. Anyone else have any experience/ideas on how to click on fields nested in SAP tables?

Sneha - January 31, 2012

I am working in virtual machine as per my client requirement.
In virtual machine I have installed QTP11, the OS is Windows7 and IE is IE8.
While I am working with QTP, QTP recognises the IE8 browser as window.
Please suggest, how to resolve the issue.

Sneha

Joe Colantonio - February 3, 2012

Sneha » Hard to say. I know it should work since i do run test on similar configurations. Have your tried the basics like:

1. Close everything start QTP first and confirm that the correct add-ins are loaded then start the Web app
    2. Clean browser cache/history reboot and re-try
    3. Does this happen on all VM ie8 machines or just this one?

Cheers,

Joe

Mayuri - February 4, 2012

JOe, I want to automate a excel which is a macro. but when i record on a macro excel, nothing gets recorded.
So plz help me with automating a macro.
i am using QTP 10.

About that macro:
I opened it with Excel object – Working fine
I want to get some data – Not getting recorded
Click on button present on Macro – Not getting recorded
Select drop downs – Not getting recorded

thanks in advance

changa - February 8, 2012

Thank you for all your info.

I am working on WPF objects using QTP 11 but I am facing an issue while clicking on a WPF button.

QTP is able to identify the button successfully but once it clicks on the button, a run error message pops up “Object reference not set to instance of an object”.

Please let me know the steps in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

changa - February 8, 2012

Thank you. Problem is resolved now.

Joe Colantonio - February 9, 2012

changa » Great to hear!

Chanda - April 9, 2012

Hi Joe, Please let me know the solution for the issue as we are also facing the same issue

Chanda - April 9, 2012

hi changa…could you please let me know the solution as we are alos facing the same issue

Changa - July 24, 2012

Use Type method by passing micReturn value to click on WPF objects.

Hope, it works for you.

Suvendu - February 8, 2014

Hi Changa,
      Could you please tell me how you have solved the problem (not able to access the WPF objects like button, checkbox)
      It would be a great help for me if you could provide me the answer.

Balaji - February 24, 2012

We are testing window application (.Net) using QTP 11.
QTP recgonise the toolbars / editboxes as Swfobject..I found the devlopers have used Infragistics controls..So I have downloaded Test Advantage Infragistics (Trail version) and QTP able to recgonise all objects correctly…My trial version is gonna expire in 10 days…My Client doesnt want to buy an licensed version..Is there any alternate patch / .api available?..Pls help….

Thanks in advance..

Joe Colantonio - February 24, 2012

Balaji » Not that I know of. Anyone else have any suggestions. My advice would be to tell the client to pay up :)

dr bob - June 13, 2013

Test Advantage is Custom Servers for their controls

Haven’t used it myself but you can create your own Custom Servers with the “HP UFT .NET Add-in Extensibility SDK”

– Run setup.exe for UFT
      – Add-in Extensibility and Web 2.0 Toolkits
      – HP UFT .NET Add-in Extensibility SDK

I think you need Visual Studio (not Express) to install this but you should be able to create the Custom Server as an XML file instead of as a DLL

If you still need a compiler you could use the one from Visual Studio Express

Have a look at “HP Software -> HP Unified Functional Testing -> Extensibility -> Documentation -> .NET Add-in Windows Forms Extensibility Help”

Anand K. - March 15, 2012

I want to test Silverlight 4.0 Application using QTP 11. When I open the application using QTP then my system goes into hang state for about 2-3 minutes.

my questions:

1. whether QTP 11 supports testing of Silverlight 4.0 Application coz in the documentation it is mentioned support only for Silverlight 2.0 and 3.0?

2. Is there any patch available using which QTP 11will support testing of Silverlight 4.0 Application?

3. Is there any documentation available to test the Silverlight application using QTP?

It will be a great help from you if you will help me to find the answers of the same………

Thanks in Advance,
Anand.

Zac - March 17, 2012

First, thank you for this website. It has been very helpful for me. Keep up the great work.

Joe Colantonio - March 20, 2012

Zac » Hi Zac – I will try to repro on my machine. What OS are you using and do you have any QTP patches installed? Thanks

Raji - November 20, 2013

Thanks for useful Info updates.
      Am also obserbing the above issue.

QTP 11 Object Spy to recognize a Putty window. locks/freezes my system and I am forced to do a hard reboot. I have installed the TE add-in.

Please provide me solution if u have.My system confgurations: QTP 11, Windows 7 OS.

Anoop - April 6, 2012

Hi joe,
I had recently upgraded my project from QTP 9.5 to QTP 11.0 , using the QTPAsset Upgrade Tool . The upgradation process was successful.
But now i am unable to edit my object repository,wenever i try to do so, i encounter an exception and the QTP gets closed.
Wat might be the problem??
Thanks in advance!

Joe Colantonio - April 9, 2012

Anoop » HI Anoop – actually I have not seen this behavior before. Does anyone else have a workaround for this issue? Do you have a backup of your OR?

Nooruddin - April 18, 2012

Hi ,

Can anyone please provide my QTPNET_00116 Patch for QTP 11.

Nooruddin

ljbrown - August 27, 2012

You *must* call HP Support directly at (800) 633-3600 to obtain access to patch QTPNET_00116 because it is a HOTFIX patch NOT available ANYWHERE on the HP Support site. Infragistics will tell you it is against their agreement to directly provide access to this patch. A link you may have seen in a search “http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1172122#tab=TAB3″ will only waste your time!
    Cheers and good luck!

Vijay - April 19, 2012

Hey Joe,
Awesome stuff !. It has really helped me to download the QTP 11 critical patch for Win 7 OS. I wanted to know is it really requried to install this QTP_00709 patch on Win7 32 bit OS though my Application has just a plain windows control

Vijay

Joe Colantonio - April 20, 2012

Vijay » Thanks Vijay! It is a critical patch – you don’t need to install but I would :)

kapil - April 26, 2012

Hello Joe,
I am using QTP 11.0 with patches QTP 00709,QTP_0812,QTP NET_00062,QTP NET_00066,QTP NET_00099,QTP NET_00110,QTP NET_00107.My .Net 4 upgraded application was getting crash often and after using above patches crash issue is solved only the problem i find is QTP is not working with Table grid throwing run error as “Parameter is incorrect”.So joe can you let me know solution or any patch available to fix with table grid.please,revert to kapildev.j.89@hotmail.com

kapil

Joe Colantonio - April 29, 2012

kapil » Hi Kapil – did you resolve this issue yet? Sorry – I have not been bale to find any known issue/fixes for this.

kapil - July 6, 2012

Hi Joe i have solved Issue.But now i am facing IE 8 crash only.QTP 11 is working fine with .Net 4 farpoint upgraded
      application .

Nagaraju Belli - May 3, 2012

Problem faced:
We are currenly evaluating the trial version of QTP on a machine in United Kingdom.We login from India remotely to this machine and work on this machine. The .Net based application is crashing when I try to record using QTP.
This is a desktop based application. The Application under test does not crash everytime.It only crashes on a particular section of the application ,where there is a table(grid) with links to click and open another section of the application. As soon as I click on the link ,the application under test simply closes .

Can you help me with this?

Joe Colantonio - May 8, 2012

Nagaraju Belli » Do you know what type of control the table is — .Net,Java,Silverlight etc.. ?

Shalu - May 16, 2012

Installing the Patch QTP_00709 resolved lot of our testing issues. Thank you Joe :)

Ashok - May 29, 2012

Joe,
We have migrated our OS from XP to Win7 64 bit recently.My Application is a >net and Wpf client Application.I have installed QTP 11 , QTP_00709 and QTPWEb_00086.I am able recognize all object properly with the above patches installation.But Wpf button click event is clicking the top left corner of my screen instead of the button.if i give coordinates with Button ,its working fine for buttons embeded in Wpflist but getting an exception “invalid parameters” for buttons embeded in wpflist.I contacted HP. they are also no clue about this. Do you have any solution for this? Thank you in advance.

XP system had – .net 3.5 Framework
Win7 has – .net 4.0 framework

Joe Colantonio - June 9, 2012

Ashok » Hi Ashok I have not been able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. Any chance you could send me a sample app that reproduces this issue?

chen - June 28, 2012

hello joe,
i am facing crashes in the ie8 on xp machine when trying to click
on silverlight web link.
i have all patches installed still facing this problem ,
only when i unckeck the wpf add-in its work great but the objects recognize as active-x.

Joe Colantonio - June 28, 2012

chen » Hi Chen I’m unable to repro – has anyone else seen this issue?

Balaji - June 29, 2012

problem to recognize the SwfTable Object using QTP 11.
When you select the SwfTable, it gets selected as “SwfObject”.

Note: Previous versions (.net 3.5), it get selected as SwfWindow(“name”).SwfTable(“tableName”) , now its shows as SwfWindow(“name”).SwfObject(“Object”).

Installed the following patches
– QTPNET_00096 & QTPNET_00099.
– Enabled the WPF add in also during recording.

This workaround is not solved the problem

dhamo - July 3, 2012

We are trying to automate our window application which is devolped in .net 4.0 Platform and WPF(mvvm) .We are using QTP 11.0 and i had installed the WPF plug ins and aslo the patches QTPNET_00062,QTPNET_00051,QTP_00709. But when i use the Object spy to locate my objects the whole page is identified as a single window with no other child objects and also no wpf objects are recognized.I tried with a sample WPF application everything is working fine. But in the case of my project alone nothing is working.Please help me as we are in a seroius issue.

Joe Colantonio - July 7, 2012

dhamo » I’ve seen issues when the .NET Framework version 4.0 was installed after QuickTest Professional was installed. If you are using 4.0 this is what HP recommends:

If user wants to work with .NET 4.0, it is best to install it before installing QuickTest. If .NET 4.0 is installed after QuickTest, manually register two .NET DLLs as follows:

1. If working on a 64bits operating system, it is required to install patch QTP_00709
    2. Open a command prompt (Start > Run > type “cmd” > Click “Ok”)
    3. Navigate to \GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4
    4. Execute the following commands:
    ..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll
    ..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent.dll

If above doesn’t work, HP Support strongly recommends performing a detailed-guided un-installation http://www.joecolantonio.com/2011/08/31/qtp-video-%E2%80%93-how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-of-qtp/

udhayakumar - July 9, 2012

Hi Jeo,

i am having .net 4 windows application. If i record object of this app in windows xp, the button object is recorded as SwfButton where as if i record it in windows 7 it gives swfobject includes all the object. what is the patch to install in windows 7 to make object as swfbutton.

amit - July 16, 2012

Hi Friends

we are using QTP 11 on .NET 4.0 environment on a windows based application. we have the issue of object identification. objects are identified as whole window but not separately. pls suggest which patches are required for this. we installed the follwoing but problem is not solved
QTP_00699
QTP_00709

amit - July 30, 2012

Hi Joe

we are stuck in a very urgent issue, pls provide the solution.
we are using QTP 11 on .NET 4 environment and testing a wpf applicatrion

In that application there is a wpftable. inside the wpftable there are some columns and rows in the table. each cell contains some objects like checkbox, picklist etc.we are not able to get the control on the objects in the wpftable. when spy, it is shown as a complete single grid and not shown any object isnide the wpftable. pls let me know how to get contol on the checkboxes, picklist in the wpftable. we need to check/uncheck checkboxes etc

Syntax is WpfWindow(“title”).WpfTable(“dataGrid”).

using qtp 11 in .net 4.0 environment

sandhya chakravarthy - October 8, 2012

Hi Amit,
    I am also facing same issue. Did you get solution to your problem yet? I need to right-click on WPFTable but I get an error “Sorry,Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”

Sandhya

Abhijeet - July 30, 2012

I have a windows 7 machine installed QTP11 and many of the applications have been installed via MS APPv when i try to record window base application this is not recording. Is that any application to automate or execute the script, we need QTP and AUT (Application Under Test) on the same machine? Because we have desktop base application with ready QTP scripts works on WinXP (QTP and AUT instaled),Without App-V. Those same script not work with Win7(QTP installed) and with app-V(AUT installed). Is that one of the solution QTP installation on MS App-V server where AUT installed (How to install QTO on App-V. Your guidence will appreciated.
Kind Regards, Abhijeet.

Joe Colantonio - July 30, 2012

Abhijeet » Hi Abjijeet – I’m unfamiliar with App-V. I did a quick check on HP’s KB and could not find any info on this. You might want to contact HP and ask if Ap-V is supported. Does anyone else know a workaround for Abhijeet?

Bhart - August 14, 2012

Good People,
I just stumbled upon this website while googling for some information on QC 11/BPT/QTP 11. And reading by some of the contents here, it appears you seem to be doing a great job in helping others.
Anyways here is my situation, we currently have QTP 11 and QC 9.2 (with BPT) . We are planning to upgrade to QC 11 in coming weeks and then start our test automation development using QC 11/QTP 11/BPT tool set. While going through HP QuickTest Professional 11.00 Readme I came across comment “You cannot perform a remote execution of a business process test on a Windows 2008 R2 QuickTest computer. “.
Our QTP 11 machines have Windows 2008 R2 as OS.Does that mean we won’t be able to run BPT scripts on them from QC? or has this been already addressed in some patch by HP? Any responces will be appreciated.

Bhart

Joe Colantonio - August 14, 2012

Bhart » Hi Bhart – first let me congratulate you for actually looking at the read me file :) I actually never noticed this before. I’m not aware of any patches that add the ability to run BPT test on a Windows 2008 r2 machine. I did open a ticked with HP support to find out if there was a patch or hot fix that I missed but they confirmed that this is still a limitation. I did put in an enhancement request but I doubt this will be resolved any time soon. Sorry for the bad news.

Bhart - August 15, 2012

Thanks Joe, for your quick response. I’ll start looking at other options/alternatives.

Bhart

Joe Colantonio - August 17, 2012

Bhart » HP just sent me the enhancement request number: QCCR1J27700

rajesh - June 25, 2013

Hi Joe/Bharat,

We have upgraded the QTP 9.2 to QTP 11 for SAP TAO BPT from the upgrade of the QTP cannot able to identify any property with ‘ID’ example check box with ID or label with ID and also not able to identify the Tree node components.
          Can you guys help me in which patch to be installed so these actions can be performed.

Rajesh

Shilpa - October 18, 2012

Hi Joe
Thanks for your wonderful articles. My issue is for Context menu (opened by right clicking an object). In the context menu, there are some objects for e.g. combobox. I want to perform the operation on that combobox. but not able to add the combobox in the OR. pls suggest how we can perform the operation on the objects which are in a context menu

Regards
Shilpa

Joe Colantonio - October 18, 2012

Shilpa » Hi Shilpa – Are you able to spy on the objects or do you get an error? If you did a quick test recording against the combobox does QTP add the objects to the OR?

Saurabh - October 29, 2012

I am working on a Windows 7,64-bit virtual machine. I have installed QTP 11 and QC Explorer 10 on it. When I am trying to work on the Windows application having .NET objects, QTP recognises them as Winobject rather than SwfObject. I have installed the patch QTP_00699 but still of no use. Can you please suggest me the patches to resolve this problem and the path from where I can download them ?

Joe Colantonio - November 7, 2012

Saurabh » What version of .NET are you using? If its 4.0 check out my post on QTP .NET 4.0 Object Recognition Issues

dr bob - June 13, 2013

After a new install of UFT 11.5, “menu -> Record -> Record and Run Settings -> Windows Applications” was set to “Record and run only on”

Changed it to “Record and run test on any open Windows-based application”

Radhika Basker - December 5, 2012

My application is combination of WPF and Web objects, so we used WPF + Web add-in in XP machine,
but the same combination does not open the web application in IE 9 and QTP 11 rather the IE crashed so, we tried installing different patches like,
1. QTP_00699
12. QTPNET_00087
13. QTPNET_00092
14. QTPNET_00096
15. QTPNET_00113
16. QTPNET_00114
17. QTPNET_00120

with this my colleague able to record and recognize the web object, but with my login it identifies only as “winobject” what could be the issue?

Radhika

Ran - January 15, 2013

I try call DIIObject from c: drive (Set DllObject = DotNetFactory.CreateInstance) , currently getting error as “Cannot load Assembly” after installing QTPNET 00699 Patch. Can any one help to reslove this issue.
App- windows 7 , QTP11

Joe Colantonio - January 16, 2013

Ran » That’s weird – has any one else seen this behavior after installing the patch? This error usually means that the .Net object’s assembly file is not installed.

Gopakumar - February 7, 2013

Thanks a lot for the article. Could you please advice as of how to go about with automating remedy application using qtp.

Thanks & regards,
Gopakumar S

Joe Colantonio - February 11, 2013

Gopakumar » Thanks Gopakumar! I’ve never used remedy but I’ll try to find something.

manu - February 13, 2013

We are trying to automate an application developed using PROGRESS 4GL. The objects are not recognized as WinEdit instead they are getting recognized as windows.
Can you please let me know whether QTP will be of any help? If not, is there any other test automation tool that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Adarsh

Joe Colantonio - February 16, 2013

manu » Does anyone else have experience testing Progress 4GL and can give Adarsh some tips?

Kumar - March 7, 2013

Joe,
IE8.0 is crashing when i open the Siebel or BMC remedy application.
Environment used:

Operating system: Windows 8
IE: 8.0
QTP: 11.0

Please let me know is there any patch is available for this fix. If so, could you please provide me the link. Appreciated for your help.

Joe Colantonio - March 14, 2013

Kumar » I don’t see any patches for this issue. Has anyone else seen this issue and have a workaround?

raj - April 2, 2013

I am trying to create a silent install for QTP11. But I am getting error. Tried repackaging but it doesn’t install properly. Tried to create .iss file but no use. Can some one help me how to install this software silently.

Raj

Moin Shareef - May 23, 2013

I am using QTP11 and QC11, BPT framework.
Can you please help me for the below issues.

1)First issue, I am using BPT framework, when i execute the test cases with BPT wrapper=N, then the test case is failing with triangle symbol in QC11 and when i clicked on it, it is displaying the message as “Host Connected”

2) Second issue, when i change the setting BPT wrapper=Y, and execute any test cases, then the test cases are successfully completing the transaction, but when i see the result, it is failing, when i check the reason, one of the component is failing without any reasons.

I have installed below patches in my machine.
QTP_00853
QTP_00869
QTP_00879
QTP_00888
00019
QTP_00902
QTP_00892
QTP_00889
QTP_00834
QTP_00768
QTP_00709
QTP_00005

But still the test cases are failing.

please suggest the resolution.

Pratik - June 24, 2013

Hi ,
We are trying to automate our web application which is devolped in .net . We are using QTP 11.0 and i had installed the patches QTP_00699, QTP_00709, QTPWEB_00073, QTPWEB_00078, QTPWEB_00086, QTPJV_00059. But when i use the Object spy to locate my objects the all objects consider as “swfobjects”, I have installed Patch “QTP_00709” but still result is the same.Can you please suggest any other soluction for this problem.
Operating system = win 7
Iexplorer = 9.
Can you please guide?
Pratik

Nancy - June 27, 2013

Hi Joe:
When I run all QTP scripts that contains “submit” method,QTP will pop up error message “unspecifed error”
for example(QTP11,IE9)
Browser(“CIS Online”).Page(“Service Selection Page”).WebEdit(“edit_ServiceName”).Submit

Anamica - July 1, 2013

I am finding the issue execution of scripts in firefox.Execution is very slow compared to IE. same scripts works fine with IE but for firefox execution will be very slow ‘QTPWEB_00090.EXE’,QTPWEB_00092.EXE,QTPWEB_00122-FX17.EXE.Can any one please help for the issue.
Thanks in advance,
Anamica

Ashwil - July 29, 2013

My application is developed using .net and it is client server. we are using QTP 11 to automate our application.
When i record any scenario, we are getting code as
SwfWindow(“System Administration_2″).SwfWindow(“Area Groups”).SwfObject(“trAreaGroup”).Click 30,26 @@ hightlight id_;_15204446_;_script infofile_;_ZIP::ssf509.xml_;_
I’m getting SwfWindow instead of “window” and for some text boxes it is coming as SwfObject. Also i am not able to spy objected inside Tables. Is taking the whole table itself.
can you please guide me with the configuration changes i need to make to get this working fine.

Joe Colantonio - September 2, 2013

When you record against the table does it record the table as a Swftable? If so you should be able to use the SelectRow method

T V L N Murty - August 30, 2013

There is a requirement as below,

I have 2 systems-System A and System B

In System A, i have QTP installed and in System B i dont have QTP installed, but the application to be tested is available only in System B.

Question – Even if iam able to identify objects and write scripts for the same, how do i run the scripts on System B in order to test the application.

Please help me..

Joe Colantonio - September 2, 2013

QTP needs to be direly installed on the machine where the application under test is installed.

Neeta - September 2, 2013

We have QTP11 installed on windows 7 64 bit OS system and we use IE8. We automate for a window application built on .Net. Whenevr we try to acces, like our mails or QC, anything other than google, IE crash. Can you please let us know if we have to install any patch for this and provide us with the link for it.

Joe Colantonio - September 2, 2013

I’m not aware of any know issues – do you have the latest .NET QTP patch installed? QTPNET_00120:
    This is a cumulative patch that provides important WPF
    Add-in fixes as well as some other .NET Add-in fixes.

Sunil - September 5, 2013

I am testing Oracle forms(11i) with QTP 11.0 on a Win 7 system.
I am getting an Unspecified error. After a click on a button data will be returned and the application is takes lot of time. I tried “waitproperty” and “exist” with huge timeouts. But the script is not waiting for the application and the script is failing before the timeout even completed. Please give a solution for my issue..

Joe Colantonio - September 6, 2013

HI – I’m not aware of any known issues with QTP 11 & Oracle forms lli “Unspecified error”. I also could not find any known issues in HP’ KB for this exact behavior. Does anyone else with Oracle testing experience have any suggestions for Sunil?

Sunil - September 10, 2013

QTP execute to Line code(E.g. line 10) which is Click “submit” button, the application execute this action, but because of the application is too slow (may need more than 5 minutes to respond), QTP throw out an “Unspecified Error” after about 2-3 minutes.

Any Wait statement doesn’t work, because QTP have no chance to go to the next line.
      It will stay at Line 10 until error come out.

There are several places in QTP to set timeout, but they all related to object
      Synchronization, my issue is not caused by object identification. When the application is not slow, my script can pass successfully.

Domnic Gonsalves - October 7, 2013

Dear Joe

we have upgrade the solution manager from 7.0 to 7.1 and its require the saptao version 3. after upgrde the tao version. when we run the script from hpqc we are getting the error as “Unspecified error”.

HPQC is one server and its connected to solman 7.0 and 7.1
when we run the query from saptao 7.0 were solman 7.0 is connected then the same query work fine.

HPQC version we are on 10

What could be the reason.

Domnic

Yahya - October 29, 2013

Hello Joe,

I am trying to automate a WPF application using QTP11 and windows 7 64 Bit OS.

I have installed QTP_00699 and QTP_00709 patches on my system.

My Issue is – While intracting with (clicking or typing) a WpfTreeView object my application is frequently crashing.
At times my application crashes while working with other objects too.

Can you please share your experience/fix for this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,
Yahya

Joe Colantonio - October 31, 2013

Hi Yahya – I have not seen this behavior before. Does it happen on all machines? Are there any error messages that appear?

Raji - November 20, 2013

Thanks for useful Info updates.
I have seen an issue posted above, am obserbing the same

Issue:
“I am having some problems using QTP 11 Object Spy to recognize a Putty window. QTP locks/freezes my system and I am forced to do a hard reboot. I have installed the TE add-in. Any ideas on what my problem might be? Thanks.”

Please provide me solution if u have.
My system confgurations: QTP 11, Windows 7 OS.

Joe Colantonio - November 22, 2013

Hi Raji,

Not sure – I have seen spy freeze issue resolved by disabling the enhanced object spy features in the registry.

You can disable the enhanced Object Spy features by adding the following registry entries. This will disable the advanced features added with the QTP 9.5/UFT 11.5 and above releases:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Mercury Interactive/QuickTest Professional/MicTest/DisableObjectsHighlight =dword:00000001

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Mercury Interactive/QuickTest Professional/MicTest/DisableSpyEnhancement=dword:00000001

Please let me know if this helps you.

Abhishek - December 5, 2013

My system configuration is Windows 7 64 Bit, ALM 11.0, QTP 11
While trying to run a test from ALM I am getting an error saying , “Failed to update TSTest: Access violation at address 008EA7DE in module ‘bp_exec_agent.exe’. Read of address 00000000″.

I am totally stuck. Please help.

Joe Colantonio - December 5, 2013

Is the BPT agent installed/running on the machine where you are trying to run the test?

MadhuJ - December 17, 2013

Need help.
I am trying toautomate terminal emulator PUTTY using QTP 11.0
and i have installed TE Add-in.
I have done all required settings to automate Putty but the problem is when i do object spy on putty window QTP is getting crash.
please tel me what would be the reason and let me know if i have to install any QTP patches (installed 709 patch)

Appreciate your help

MadhuJ

Joe Colantonio - December 21, 2013

Hi Mahhuj – not sure. Putty shows that it is supported by QTP 11 and I don’t see any patches or known issues with it. Are you getting any specific error messages? When does it crash?

Ashok - December 19, 2013

Hi joe,
In lot of forums they asked to install WEB_00076 patch file.
Can u tell me which patch file will do all our needs?

Kiran - January 17, 2014

I am beginner in Automation field. I need to Automate one Windows Application Using QTP 11 in Windows 7(32bit).

All objects are recognised as swfobjects.
“Window(“LexiFi Apropos (licensed”).SwfObject(“Calculated attribute selection”).SwfObject(“Calculated attribute selection”).SwfObject(“UNderlying OK”).Click”.

I have added .NET addin.

Tried to install Patch QTP_00709 but displaying error “Error While Creating key”
Please help me..

Sherman - January 28, 2014

Getting error: Cannot find the “Yes” object’s parent “Microsoft Excel” (class Window). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application

Line (12): “Window(“Microsoft Excel”).Dialog(“Microsoft Office Excel”).WinButton(“Yes”).Click”.

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.

I am new to QTP and totally lost
This appears when opening an Excel sheet from the web while running test
Any help will be appreciated

Joe Colantonio - February 1, 2014

Sounds like one the current properties used by QTP to id the “Microsoft Exel” window is not unique enough. Spy on the Microsoft Excel window and see if there are any properties that can be used to id the window that are always unique and don’t change.

Suvendu - February 8, 2014

Hello Joe,

I am stuck in a urgent issue, please provide the solution.
we are using QTP 11 on .NET 4 environment and testing a wpf applicatrion

In that application there is a wpftable. inside the wpftable there are some columns and rows in the table. each cell contains some objects like checkbox, picklist etc.we are not able to get the control on the objects in the wpftable. when spy, it is shown as a complete single grid and not shown any object inside the wpftable. Please let me know how to get control on the checkboxes, picklist in the wpftable. we need to check/uncheck checkboxes etc

Syntax is WpfWindow(“title”).WpfTable(“dataGrid”).

using qtp 11 in .net 4.0 environment

Would appriciate, if I could get a solution for this.

Joe Colantonio - February 23, 2014

Does this help?

By default, objects within WpfTable aren’t recognized separately.

If such feature is desired, try setting the below setting depending on the class type:

Close QuickTest Professional (QTP) and application under testing
    Access the Registry Editor (Start > Run > type “regedit” > click “Ok”). Note: this requires read/write permissions on involved registry entries
    Navigate to below key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Packages\WpfPackage\Settings

Access the sub-key “IgnoreDetector”. If not present, create it
    Create a DWORD with name as the class of the WpfTable (On Object Spy, check the “classname” property). For example:

For .NET 3.5: “Microsoft.Windows.Controls.DataGrid”

Or

For .NET 4.0: “System.Windows.Controls.DataGrid”

Set the value as “1”
    Check recognition with Object Spy

vikhyat - February 14, 2014

hi,
i am facing issue while executing a script.
Issue:
Test scenario
we are creating the customer and generatng the PDF report for the customer and saving the PDF as test case number.
as the PDF opens in web page i am sending send keys to save the file in our dedicated location with test case number.It sucessfuly saves for every itration,but sometimes it fails to Type the file name in save dailog box and UFT hangs and i should kill the UFT process.

if i see the event viewer it is displaying as .net fail and event id is 1026.

UFT 11.52 and wind 7 is system configuration.
addins i have selected .net also to overcome above issue
if anybody has the solution please provide us it is very frustrating to restart the qtp

Suraj Yadav - February 26, 2014

HI,
I am facing issue of catastrophic failure while executing the scripts through ALM, I am using QTP 11.0. I have tried multiple methods to minimize this issue like changing the remote agent setting. The only solution I have figured out so far is that I need QTP_00685.EXE patch. Can you help me with the path or if you have nay other solution please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Shriram - March 4, 2014

Hi Joe
I am stuck in a urgent issue, please provide the solution.

My system configuration is Windows 7 64 Bit, ALM 11.0, QTP 11
While trying to run a test from ALM I am getting an error saying
“unable to close the testing tool”.

I tried Updating the following settings in the mic.ini file (located in “C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin”)
[RemoteAgent]
RunQTPHidden=0
LeaveQTPOpenAfterTestSetEnd=1
ShowBallon=0

but still issue persists.
Thanks in advance

Joe Colantonio - March 4, 2014

Sorry I have not seen this issue and could not find anything in the HP KB. This happens for every tests that you try to run? Are you able to run the test that is stored in ALM from QTP?

Shriram - March 5, 2014

its happening for the scripts which are stored in ALM.
      For ex:
      when i give the execution for 10 scripts from the ALM,It will execute the alternative scripts like 1,3 and 5,for 2 and 4 the i will get “unable to close the testing tool”.

Bryan Chen - March 12, 2014

Hi HP,

I am from Infor and we have QTP 11 license.
Does QTP11 support windows8 64bit?

Joe Colantonio - March 12, 2014

Currently only UFT 1.5 with UFT_00022 supports Windows 8. QTP 11 has an enhancement request QCCR1J26158

Sudit Manjarekar - April 10, 2014

Hi All,
I am unable to identify tooltip for Silverlight button using UFT 11.5
Can anyone please advise me a solution.

Sudit