Mercury Interactive Musings

Does anyone else miss Mercury Interactive?  I recently redid my office and in the process rediscovered some cool Mercury Interactive swag I had accumulated over the years.  For some reason, I really do miss Mercury.  HP is fine, but they’re so big and focused on so many areas that it doesn’t have the same feel that Mercury – a company dedicated to just test tools – had.  I was a true Mercury acolyte.  I attended numerous Mercury conferences, was an active member on their forums and was an evangelist for all their products.  I contributed so much to the Mercury website that I was christened a Mercury maven – one of a handful of people who really had the ear of the company.  Here are some images of my Mercury  swag – the crown jewel being an authentic Captain Mercury “action figure.”

Adrienne - July 30, 2010

I have been looking all over the web for more info on the captain mercury action figure. Picked up 50 of them at a place called RAFT, teacher/nonprofit re-use store in San Jose California. (RAFT.net)
I turned them into leprechauns for an annual St Patrick dinner event at my church…. and yes they were the hit of the party.

So, seems like company/product is defunt.

Joe Colantonio - July 31, 2010

Hi Adrienne , That’s a great story. I can’t believe you got 50 Captain Mercuries — I’m SO jealous — but I’d be lying if I said that reducing the mighty Captain to a mere leprechaun doesn’t sadden me. Anyway, I’m posting a picture of the back of the box that gives more info on the Captain. I’m guessing that when HP bought Mercury out a few years ago , they ultimately decided that “Captain HP” didn’t have quite the same ring to it.

Loraine - August 5, 2010

I still giggle at the memory of Captain Mercury’s kidnapping at OneBeacon… How long did we ride this one?

Joe Colantonio - August 5, 2010

Too long! Both the Captain and I are still traumatized by the thought of it – LOL

Daniel - December 17, 2010

great post, thanks for sharing

Reginald Sawyer - February 2, 2012

I just saw the picture of the 8″Captain Mercury Figure
and i like him so please tell me where can i find one?

Reginald Sawyer - February 2, 2012

I would like to own this Figure in my Collection so please tell me where i can find him.

Reginald Sawyer - February 3, 2012

If there is Any one who can tell me where i can find an
8″Captain Mercury please contact at my Adress
7438 south Chappel ave Chicago Il 60649
Tel: 773-955-0480 Cell 779-233-1546 plesae tell where i can find one for my Stuffed-Animal And doll collection.

Reginald Sawyer - February 28, 2012

Hi Adrienne
If know how i can get a Captian Mercury Action Figure for my Stuffed-Animal and doll collection please feel free to contact me at my Adress and Telephone number below i would love to have one for my collection and i got the contact info to Raft.com ia also collect old educational Filmstrips so do you know if Raft.com may sell any keep me posted thank you Reginald Sawyer.

Reginald Sawyer - February 28, 2012

Hi joe
Can you tell me where i can find me the 8″ Captian Mercury
Action Figure? I would love to have one for my Stuffed-Animal and doll collection.

jae - March 14, 2012

I have an 8″ Captain Mercury action figure for sale. If anyone is interested please email me at: jafareed@yahoo.com

jae - March 14, 2012

I have a 8″ Captain Mercury action figure for sale. If interested please email me at: jafareed@yahoo.com

Beckynall - June 18, 2012

I found one of these dolls and am listing it on ebay. My ebay user id is patti4200.

drone - September 4, 2012

I have one new with box,interested email me rockanbole@hotmail.com

Dianne - December 14, 2012

I have a Captain Mercury still in the box and one not in a box. I’m in Australia, though.

Leslie - April 17, 2013

My mom has a Captain Mercury action figure that’s still in the box. She is wanting to get rid of it. What is the value on something like this? We are totally clueless. Any help?