Last week HP released a QTP patch (QTPWEB_00078) for testing web applications in Internet Explorer 9 — this week, they did the same for LoadRunner. LoadRunner patch LR_03063 enables recording support for IE9 and also contains two new mobile protocols and support for Granite DS.
The patch for LoadRunner is critical, so I highly recommend that you install it. The patch contains the following:
1. Support for IE9:
The patch enables LoadRunner web protocol to support recording against Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 bit and Windows Server 2008, 32 bit.(Note: Recording on Internet Explorer version 9.0 64 bits is not supported).
2. Two New Mobile Protocols:
The patch contains two new protocols for Mobile testing.
- Mobile App (HTTP/HTML) protocol – allows the ability to script against a mobile device or emulator.
- Mobile TrueClinet protocol – enables recording –using Ajax TruClient — against mobile browser apps
3. Granite DS (Data Services):
Support for testing apps that run on Granite DS has been added. Granite is an open source solution for Flex/JavaEE RIA application development.
Patch LR_03063 Also Fixes the Following Issues:
- Japanese title on cover page of Analysis PDF Report
doesn't display correctly.
- Oracle 2-Tier script replay causes error: lrd_assign:
- Analysis sorts the graph data measurements of columns
- LR VuGen does not display all Citrix published
- Line graph's width setting gets reset in Analysis.
- Image Synch – Append Snapshot window is cut off.