HP just released a new patch to support creating and running steps against IE 64-bit browsers.
You do need to install patch QTP_00699 before installing this patch QTPWEB_00086
What this patch does not support
- This patch does not provide 64-bit support for other web-based environment like .NET WebForms, PeopleSoft, Siebel etc.
- This patch does not support selecting the Record and Run settings in IE 64-bit
- ViewLink test object are not supported in IE9 on 64bit OS systems.
This patch applies to the following:
QuickTest Professional 11.00 with the Web Add-in installed and loaded, and with
the QTP_00699 patch installed
Supported Operating Systems:
* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Where to Get It
To get patch QTPWeb_00086 either request it from HP support or download it from https://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads
For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article: QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates