QTP 11 Patch Alert – IE 64-bit Browser Support QTPWEB_00086

What's New?

HP just released a new patch to support creating and running steps against IE 64-bit browsers.

Prerequisites

You do need to install patch QTP_00699 before installing this patch QTPWEB_00086

What this patch does not support

• This patch does not provide 64-bit support for other web-based environment like .NET WebForms, PeopleSoft, Siebel etc.
  • This patch does not support selecting the Record and Run settings in IE 64-bit
  • ViewLink test object are not supported in IE9 on 64bit OS systems.

System Requirements

This patch applies to the following:

QuickTest Professional 11.00 with the Web Add-in installed and loaded, and with

the QTP_00699 patch installed

Supported Operating Systems:

* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

Where to Get It

To get patch QTPWeb_00086 either request it from HP support or download it from http://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads

For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article: QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates

Ben - September 28, 2011

Hi, Joe
I am getting Getting a install with Error Message
“HP Quick Test Professional 11.00 64bit Patch has been completed with errors, Click “Close” to exit ”
after the setup is to run.

QTP_00699 was installed and confirmed.

Any suggestion? or any other reader see the same message?

Any particular disk space requirement for this patch?

Joe Colantonio - September 29, 2011

Ben » Hi Ben – the only system requirements for the path are System Requirements

This patch applies to the following:
    QuickTest Professional 11.00 with the Web Add-in installed and loaded, and with
    the QTP_00699 patch installed

Supported Operating Systems:

* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
    * Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

What OS are you trying to install on?

Ben - September 30, 2011

Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Web add in is enabled.

Is there an installation log somewhere I can dig down?

Will qtp_0699 work alone without qtpweb_00086 with some known issue? I mean I tried to reinstall qtp_0699 again as repair or restore but not helping.

Sam - November 9, 2011

Can I have the qtp_0699 patch download exe or url?

Thx,
Sam

Sasmita - March 12, 2012

I installed QTP11 trial version on Windows 7 and using IE9 Browser.
While i am trying to do record and run nothing is displaying on the screen.
Can you please let me know what are the patches we need to update for Window7.

Thanks ,
Sasmita

Jaya - May 2, 2012

I installed trial version of QTP 11 from HP. My OS is windows 7 Home premium. IE9 is native with it. So I could not able to switch to IE8. Thats why I downloaded QTP11. It is also not recording anything. Could not able to record on any web and also windows application.
What are the patches I need to install? What do I do?
Your quick reply is very much appreciated.
Jaya.

sudha - August 25, 2012

I am going to install QTP 11 on windows 7 Home Edition and IE 8.

Please do let me know if this is possible as I was told that QTP is compatible in windows 7 professional and not with Home Edition.

Please advise me the procedure to install the QTP 11 in my Windows 7 Home Edition.

Sudha

andrew - January 25, 2013

am experiencing a problem running QTP 11.0 on windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit operating system.
Kindly assist.

Srividya - February 6, 2013

Please help me to know weather QTP 11 supports IE10 on Windows 7 OS.

Srividya

Rakesh - August 4, 2013

I have installed Trial Version of QTP 11.0,
I have Windows 7, IE 10. I am not able to record any script
I have done below changes
1. Made User control access to min
2. Unchecked “Enable Protected Mode” in IE Security
3. Ran Patches 00699, 73 and 78

Ran the IE as admin , I opened QTP , and he IE browser , afer i click on record , the IE browser is closing the showing error.
can you pls help me

Regards

Linn - October 3, 2014

Hi Joe, I installed QTPWEB_00078 on Windows Server 2008 R2, QTP 11 for IE 9. It does not work. I followed all the instructions on internet like enable mode uncheck on IE setting, Run QTP as Admin. QTP still does not recognize web browser as the browser. QTP 11 with IE 8 is fine on another server. Any advise on more patch to install? Thanks, Linn

Linn - October 3, 2014

Hi Joe, I forgot to state that I need record and run features. I will wait your advice whether I should try QTP_00699 and QTPWEB_00086.