QTP now Supports GOOGLE Chrome
If you’re like me you’ve been waiting a long time for this one – QTP 11 now support testing web apps in Google Chrome!
HP Patch QTPWEB_00088 features and limitations
HP just released a new patch QTPWEB_00088 that contains the following features and limitations:
- QTP does not support recording steps in Google Chrome
- If you manually uninstalling the QTP agent extension from Tools>Extensions, you must manually reinstall it if you reinstall this patch.
Browser methods not supported
Also the following methods are not supported:
Running steps not supported:
- Chrome: //* pages
- Multiple tabs
- Multiple browsers
- Web pages that include frame sets
- WebXML test objects
- Web test objects located inside iFrame controls with a’blank’ or ‘about:blank ‘SRC in property value
- Developers Tools Pane but running against Google Chrome while the developers tools pane is open is supported
- Web 2.0 test objects or Web Extensibility-based test objects
- Web-based env, such as SAP Web, Siebel, Java, .NET Webforms etc..
To Get the Chrome Patch:
To get the Google Chrome Browser Patch for QuickTest Professional either request it from HP support or you can download it from (Sorry HP’s legal department forced me to take this down)
For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article:QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates