Happy New Year
Happy New Year! This being my first post of 2012, I’d like to recap all the QTP patches released in 2011. HP stayed busy releasing some long- anticipated patches, including support for Google Chrome and newer versions of Firefox. Let’s start the new year off right by making sure we have all the latest patches!
QTP SUPPORT MATRIX
I also keep up-to-date info on all patches in my QTP Support Matrix and Patch Updates post, so be sure to bookmark it and check back regularly for updates. And now, without further ado — here is a list of the QTP patches that were released in 2011:
QTP Patches for 2011
- RRV_00019: QTP Run Results viewer: The nightmare that has been the Run Results Viewer in QTP 11 finally has a patch available to fix a bunch of common issues.
- QTPWEB_00086: IE 64-bit Browser Support
- QTP_00821: BPT Critical Release– Are you having issues with BPT’s running in an infinite loop? Going crazy trying to figure the issue out? Well looks like this is actually a known problem.
- QTPSAP_00037: SAP – Faster recording for SAP Web Controls – improves overall performance when recording QTP against SAP Web controls.
- QTPSTG_00005: Stingray – Support for Stringray Studio 10.4(MFC 8,9,10)– enables QTP to create and run against Stringray Studio controls.
- QTP_00823: Updates for Japanese Version of QTP-Fixes for a number of issues found after the release of QuickTest Professional 11.00 localized for Japanese.
- QTPWEB_00078: IE9 Support– Provides QTP support for testing Web applications in Internet Explorer 9.
- QTPWEB_00073 – Support for IE in protected mode– Provides QTP support for testing applications in Internet Explorer when IE is in protected mode.
QTP 2010 Patches
- QTPDLPH_00004: Support For Testing Delphi 2009 and 2010 – Enables QuickTest to test apps developed using Embarcadero Delphi 2009 and Embarcadero Delphi 2010
- Support for Some Frames in PSFT 8.50 -Adds QTP support for some PeopleSoft frames in PeopleTools 8.50.
That’s it for QTP 2011 Patches
Hope this helps and here’s to a great year of automation awesomeness – Cheers Joe
For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article:QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates