QTP11 – FIREFOX 9.0 and 10 Now Supported – Patch QTPWEB_00092.exe

New QTP patch support for FireFox 9 and 10!

Great news – today HP released patch QTPWEB_00092. With this patch QTP now supports testing web apps in FireFox Versions 9 & 10.

New Enhancement

This patch also contains a new environment variable BROWSER_ENV that allow you to launch an older version of FF even if a newer version of FF is also installed on your machine.

Patch dependencies

Before installing QTPWEB_00092 make sure to install patch QTPWEB_00090 first.

To Get the Chrome Patch:

To get the Google Chrome Browser Patch for QuickTest Professional either request it from HP support or you can download it from https://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads

For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article:QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates

Sandhya - May 20, 2012

Hi Jim,

I have QTP 11.0 in my system. After installing the patch QTPWEB_00092 and upgrading the FireFox version to 10.0.2 the objects in Firefox are being recognized as windows objects.

Under Add-ons in Firefox I see “QTP 11 plugIn is incompatible with FF10.0.2.”
I am the admin on it and the patch 00090 is installed first and then 00092 patch. Am I missing anything ?

Please let me know.

Sandhya

Sandhya - May 20, 2012

Alos, I tried to run a script that was created in IE on chrome. The objects are identified as Winobjects. Isn’t the 00092 patch compatible with chrome?

Michelle - July 11, 2012

Thanks for the patch information. Do you have any more information about the BROWSER_ENV variable or can you direct me where to find more about it?

Thank you so much!

Joe Colantonio - July 11, 2012

Michelle » Hi – you should be able to go into your test script in QTP and click on File>Settings. In the ‘Test Settings’ dialog click on the ‘Environment’ option. Under the Environment section select user-defined from the ‘variable type’ dropdown. Click the plus sign and for the ‘Add new env parameter’ enter BROWSER_ENV for the Name and for the value add the version of FF you want to run like FF90 or FF10. I could not find any “offical’ HP docs on this. Does this help you? Cheers~Joe

Michelle - July 12, 2012

Hey Joe – Thanks for the fast response! I messed around with QTP more and while the variable seems to work it doesn’t want to launch the appropriate browser. When QTP tries to launch the browser it comes up with an error that says “Unable to Launch the Browser. The specified Browser is not installed”. Any thoughts or comments on how to get other Firefox browsers to work?
Michelle

srinivas - September 5, 2012

What is extensibility accelerator in QTP?Where and how we use this tool.Please demonstrate with an example(Screenshots)

Thanksin-advance,
Srinivas

Srinivas - October 8, 2012

How to connect to server and send xml packet and receive xml response using socket(TCP) programing using QTP.I try this by downloading w3Sockets.dll and installed this dll on my machine and coded for connecting to particular host(Server IP and port).How ever i’m succeeded in sending request string and getting response string.the same i want to implement for request XML packet and has to collect response xml packet.
My code looks like this and it will work only if u install w3Sockets.dll on your machine.

Set Winsock = CreateObject(“socket.tcp”)
Winsock.DoTelnetEmulation = True
Winsock.TelnetEmulation = “TTY”
Winsock.Host = “Server IP:Port”
Winsock.Open
‘Wait (2)
Winsock.SendLine Request_Str
Winsock.WaitFor “>”
‘Wait (5)
Winsock.SendLine “prompt $LREADY$G”
‘Winsock.WaitFor “”
‘wait (1)
Msgbox Winsock.Buffer
Winsock.Close
Set Winsock = Nothing

Please suggest the above code for request and response for XML Packets.
Thanks in-advance,
Srinivas V

Suman - May 20, 2014

Hi, Can you please tell me currently which version of firefox supports by QTP 10?

Thanks in advance.