QuickTest Pro Chrome support ?
I’ve received a few emails over the past several months asking about limitation using QTP11’s Chrome browser support. Rather than answer each one individually, I thought it would be better to create a quick post.
What are some general limitations?
- Recording steps in Google Chrome is not supported
- If for some reason you uninstall the QTP agent extension from Chrome’s tools>extensions menu option, you will need to manually reinstall it if you reinstall the QTP Google Chrome patch
The following test scenarios are not supported
- Running against multiple browsers is not supported
- Running test against a browser that have multiple tabs open is not supported
- You can’t run against web pages that include frame sets
- The Chrome patch does not support WebXML test objects.
- Running against either Web 2.0 test object or Web extensibility test objects is not supported
- Any web-based environment like SAP, .NET WebForms ext.. is not supported
Chrome methods not supported by QTP ?