QTP11 – Big BPT Patch Released – QTP_00906

What hotfixes does this QTP/BPT patch contain?

This patch contains all previous QTP BPT hotfixes to date including:

• QTPBPT_00005 – Screen Recorder set to enabled causing test run issues
  • QTP_00768 – Run results in Quality Center issues when using Scripted Component
  • QTP_00834 – Fix that enables the ability to use the RepositoriesCollection object in
  • Business Components
  • QTP_00836 – Issues with ‘End of Line' characters being used as part of a BPT's parameter values.
  • QTP_00843 – Fix for funky Function Library Load Order in BPT WrapperTest
  • QTP_00853 – ALM Support added for BPT's Running the ExitComponentIteration and ExitComponent statements
  • QTP_00854 – ALM 11 weird BPT restarting QTP issue
  • QTP_00879 – Add support for running business process tests(created in Quality Center 10.00) with non-string parameter data types
  • QTP_00888 – Annoying performance degradation issue when running Business Process Test resolved
  • QTP_00889 – Issue with ALM running QuickTest Pro Tests in a Functional Test Set
  • QTP_00892 – Update Default Component Parameter Values
  • QTP_00902 – Fix for issue for running BPTs that use a bunch if parameters

What other problems have been solved in this patch?

This BPT patch also includes fixes for the following issues:

BPTWrapperTest issues:

• BPT failing when using the BPTWrapperTest is one of the business components in the test uses a local parameter
  • Stopping a business process test when using the BPTWrapperTest causes the last components in the test to show a status of ‘Fail' instead of ‘Not Completed'
  • You could not run a business process test containing one or more groups via BPTWrapperTest unless at least one component contained parameters.
  • Propagation of output parameters in business components that were created by BPTEE failed when it ran with the BPTWrapperTest

Other Issues:

Setting a run condition for a component that was set to more iterations than previous one cause BPT run to fail

To Get the BPTPatch:

To get the BPT Browser Patch for QuickTest Professional, either request it from HP support, or download it directly using this link:QTP_00906

All QTP 11 Patches

For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article:QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates

Maria Rose - August 9, 2012

Thanks for your research and compiling all this useful information. This is a question not a comment.

Do you know if ALM/QC and QTP patches are cumulative? If I download and install the latest one (the one named with the largest number) am I going to get all of the updates and fixes from all of the previous patches?

Maria

Joe Colantonio - August 9, 2012

Maria Rose » Hi Maria – no not all patches are cumulative. The patch documentation will usually specify if it is cumulative or if it supersedes an older patch.

Pentu - April 24, 2013

HI Joe,

I am trying to execute a set of BPT Scripts( each script is a set of BPT components ). The components were been developed using QTP 10.0 and now I am trying to run them on QTP 11.0 from QC 11.0, where in I am seeing an error “Unable to close the unsaved document”.

I have more than 10 scripts and when I hit “Run All” from QC after executing first 2 scripts successfully the next scripts are getting failing and ends with the above error.

I am able to run all the script with out any error on QTP 10.0 and QTP 11.0

Do we have any patch for this issue, please help me out

Pentu

Pentu - April 24, 2013

HI Joe,

I am able to run all the script with out any error on QTP 10.0 and QTP 11.0

Do we have any patch for this issue, please help me out

Pentu

Joe Colantonio - May 3, 2013

Pentu » Have you contacted HP support? I could not find any known issue in HP’s KB for this.

Pentu - April 24, 2013