HP Service Test 11.20 Critical Patch Alert
HP just released a new critical cumulative patch (SOAST_00080) for Service Test 11.20
This patch release includes many feature updates and multiple fixes for known issues
ST Features that have been enhanced
The main Service Test features that have been updated by this patch are:
- The Java Call Activity
- Data Driving
- ALM Integration
- LoadRunner Integration
- Web Service Call Activity
- Asynchronous Web Service Call Activity
- XML to String Activity
ST Features that have been fixed are
- When running a service test script that passes then calls another service test that fails, the entire test fails – but the test results ALM/QC show Pass instead of Failed
- Three levels of nested ST test calls causing crazy behavior in Service Test 11.20 (ST + ALM).
- Test Parameter links are mysteriously lost/altered when the header is edited in text mode and saved with text mode tab active.
- XML to String Activity does not load xml correctly.
- ALM Test Set Invalid Run Status. Test Fail but status is Passed.
- Asynchronous web service – checkpoint extracted from data table don’t change with iterations
- Test crash on save.
- Checkpoints – Getting expected blank value in runtime.
- Data driving with array error fixed
- HPST Test run in ALM is missing Host name and Duration details.
- Weird ALM inconsistent saving TestUserCode after editing is resolved.
- Connection issues with ALM\QC
- JVM Additional VM Parameters not being passed to the JVM resolved.
- Problems when executing tests which include embedded data source files.
How to Get Patch 7
Like I said, this is a critical patch, so save yourself some headaches and install it now. To get SOAST_00080 either request it from HP support or you can download it from https://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads