QTP – Operating Systems Supported By QTP 11, QTP 10, QTP 9.5 and QTP 9.2

OS versions support by QuickTest Professional

I'm surprised that I still get a fair amount of emails asking what OS versions QTP supports.

Rather than answer each email individually, I thought it would be better to frame my reply in the form of a quick post.

Table of Supported OS's for QTP

OS

QTP 11

QTP 10

QTP 9.5

QTP 9.2

Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Microsoft Windows 2000 Update Rollup 1 For Service Pack 4

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 2-build 5384

Microsoft Windows Vista (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (64-Bits)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

Yes (QTP_00626 & QTP_00644)

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Microsoft Windows 7 (32-Bits)

Yes (QTP_00626 & QTP_00644)

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-Bits)

Yes (QTP_00626 & QTP_00644)

Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-Bits)

Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bits)

Other Common OS questions

• Does QTP support running on a Macintosh? No, QTP does not support the macintosh OS.
  • Does QTP support Japanese Operating Systems – Yes, QTP 8.2 and up should support this.
  • Does QTP support Windows CE v3.0 – No, CE v3.0 is not supported
  • Can QTP be installed on Linux? No, Linux is not supported. You can use the QTP terminal emulator on a Windows machine to interact with Linux
  • Can QTP be installed on a hand-held device – No
  • Does QTP support Windows XP Embedded OS? No, Windows XP Embedded is not supported

QuickTest Pro 11 Support Matrix

For an updated list of what technologies are supported by either QTP 11 or LR 11 support check my posts:

QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates
HP LOADRUNNER 11.50 SUPPORT MATRIX AND PATCHES

bala - October 9, 2012

Your blog is really useful for me . It solved my silverlight 5 problem , and many problems regrading QTP
I have few doubts
1) Record feature is only for IE not for chrome or FF in QTP ?
when i try to record with default browser for record as chrome or FF , I get a error stating “unable to launch browser, Specified browser is not installed” . i used chrome patch which supports chrome18 . But whatever i record using IE is played back in chrome or FF. Can you please help me in this.

2) Is there any Patch available for Windows 8 , IE10 support ?
Currently if you try to record in windows 8, IE10 QTP and IE10 crashes and can’t proceed forward.

3) Whether QTP 11 supports HTML5?

Bala
(Happy Testing)

Joe Colantonio - October 9, 2012

bala » Hi Bala – what version of QTP are you using?

1. QuickTest Professional (QTP) supports different features (recording, replaying, spying and DOM access) when working with Mozilla FireFox (FF) depending of the QTP version. For example QuickTest Professional 11.0 does support FireFox Recording, Replaying, Spying, Native properties (equivalent to Internet Explorer’s Document Object Model)
    Currently regardless of version Chrome recording is not supported
    2. Currently there is not a patch for IE 10. QTP 11 does support IE9 with patch QTPWEB_00078
    3. For HTML5 check out my post HTML 5 – Does QuickTest Pro of LoadRunner Support HTML 5?

Cheers~Joe

Abhaya Kumar Jena - November 2, 2012

I want more information about QTP 11. I am trying to implement a Hybrid Frame work but unable to do. I want to step by step procedure.

Please any one help will thankful !!

Adarsh Namdev - November 7, 2012

Hi Joe :)
Can you tell me whether QTP 10.0 also works with
Windows 8 (32 bit/ 62 bit) operating system..???

Alex - November 22, 2012

Just to let you know I ran QTP11 on Win2012. The scripts were already prepared using Win7. The scripts were running fine with WinForm apps (C#) and also with VC++ (MFC). But it didn’t work with IE(Version 10) IE Crash.

David - January 18, 2013

When I running the script in IE 10 Windows 8 for window based application working fine little but web based application script is nor recording and also IE crash while install patch file

Joe Colantonio - January 18, 2013

David » Thanks David – just checked HP’s enhancement request (QCCR1J26158) for windows 8 support and it’s still not ready so as of now this behavior does not surprise me since currently windows 8 and IE 10 are not supported.

Sedat - February 1, 2013

I am using QTP 11 in windows 7 with ie 8 but i have a problem when i want to recognize text in Putty terminal, i can t read the row i want. Is there any way to fix the problem ?

Mageshwary - February 14, 2013

WillQTP tool support LH79520,PIC18F4620 and ATMEGA8L microcontrollers for functional automated test in source code?
Please let me know… will it support all the compilers or any specific compilers.
In our project we are planning to used code warrior and MPLAB IDE.
Please clarify my queries.

RANI - October 24, 2013

Just to let you know I ran QTP11 on Windows7 Home Basic.

Rani

Sankalp - November 26, 2013

New to automation. Planning to buy a laptop and hence wanted to know if now we can I install and run QTP on windows 8?

Regards
Sankalp

Nou - December 5, 2013

I am using QTP 11 in windows Vista (32-bit) with IE9 but unable to record anything on the web application. Do I need to apply any patch?

Thanks for your help.

Srinivasulu - February 7, 2014

QTP 10 is supporting or not for windows 8 operating System. My Operating System is window 8. Recently I have installed QTP 10. IT is working fine for Windows based Application. MY IE version is ie10. while using spy it is showing as winobject . please let me know which patch installed for supporting of the objects.

Srinivasulu Thatavarthi

sneha - August 18, 2014

Hi Joe, I am trying to install a trial version of QTP 9.5 in my System.
The config is Windows Vista – Service Pack 1, 64 Bit.
Can you please help me the link from where I can download it

Milan Das - October 12, 2014

Just wanted to check one thing with you about operating systems for UFT.

QTP 11.0 was not supporting any OS except Windows. Is it still the same for UFT 11.5 and above? or there is some sort of work around possible to work with other OSs and UFT?

Shalini Chaudhuri - June 27, 2015

I am not able to download the patch for supporting Windows 7 for QTP 10.
Could you please help me out in the same if its possible?
The link embedded in the table is not working for me.It shows 404 error.

Shalini