Is your installation of QTP causing any of the following weird behavior:
- Blue Screen of Death
- QTP hangs when you try starting or closing it
- QTP hangs when using text recognition methods
- On a 64-bit OS the QTP report contains the error “driver cannot be loaded and needs to be updated for 64-bits”
If so before throwing your computer out the window, or sticking your HP voodoo doll with pins, try this quick fix first.
Possible reason for this behavior
Sometimes an older system driver pal_drv.sys, that was developed for old text recognition mechanism that is no longer supported, can cause these odd behaviors.
- Open a command prompt (Start > Run > type “cmd” > “Ok”)
- Navigate to “
/bin” directory (for example: “cd C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional”)
- Run the following command:nt_tr.exe -remove
- Reboot the machine.
Give it a try
This doesn't always fix these odd issues, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try