HP UFT Critical Patch Release
Good news for early adapters of UFT 11.51, HP has just released a critical patch 1 (UFT_00037) that resolves a bunch of nasty bugs.
Also HP released an ALM patch UFTALM_00033.Exe that should be installed when working with UFT 11.51 Patch 1.
Dependencies for Patch 1
If you currently have UFT 11.50 you do need to first upgrade to UFT 11.51 with patch UFT_00001. If you're using ALM you also need UFTALM_00001.
What's been fixed in this UFT patch Release?
- Error “not able to find the object” when trying to import older QTP 11 scripts into UFT.
- Weird “Exit Property” crash when typing “y”
- Action was not found “Line (1): “LoadAndRunAction “[QualityCenter]Subject\utp\UTPDriver”,”Action1″, OneIteration” when upgrading to UFT from QTP
- Random exception errors when opening QTP 11 scripts in UFT
- UFT freezes when trying to execute the Swftoolbar().Select statement
- Oracle field UFT object spy recognition issues. UFT spy showing Oracle application fields on Windows 7 as winobjects.
- Change to how UFT associates function libraries
- The ability to actually recognize Ribbon controls developed using the MSAA API.
- Flash player error “Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference” after clicking in a Flex Data Grid
How to Get Patch 1 UFT_00037 or UFTALM_00033.Exe
Due to HP's legal department I can no longer post these patches on my web site as I explained in my post “Another reason why HP sucks“. To get a copy of this UFT patch you will need to contact HP Support or you can download it from HP's Patches support site.
If you are not sure how to download patches from HP be sure to check out my video “How to download UFT/QTP Patches from HP“