[Free]Grab Your Copy of The UFT API Testing Manifesto – A Step-by-Step, Hands-on Testing Guide for the Masses.

I just wanted to write a quick post to let you know that my first e-book The UFT API Testing Manifesto – A Step-by-Step, Hands-on Testing Guide for the Masses has finally been released!

It's been more than a month since I've posted weekly updates on my blog like I normally do. Hopefully, you have all been well.

UFT API Manifesto Book Description

I've been using HP Service Test since its initial 1.0 release. There was little documentation and next to zero information on the web to help me get started. I decided to change that by regularly sharing information, including tips and tricks for service test and other automation tools, on my blog, https://www.joecolantonio.com.

With the release of UFT API testing, I felt most people who were new to the product would be looking for a resource to help get them up to speed quickly. Also, I believe that with the industry-wide adoption of Agile's development process, the need for test automation engineers to understand and be able to create API level test has become critical.

This book is what I wished I had when I first began using UFT API testing. I'm adopting a “hands-on” approach, and have tried to include practical examples and pithy explanations for all the concepts presented. This is not meant to be an exhaustive look at every aspect of UFT API but rather to serve as a quick-start workbook. Hopefully, this book will save you some time (and headaches) by painlessly getting you up to speed on UFT API testing.

Grab a free copy of my book now

I just wanted to let you know that I've been busy putting the finishing touches on my first-ever book, The UFT API Testing Manifesto – A step-by-step, hands-on testing guide for the masses

I'm running a three day promotion on Amazon where you can get a copy for free now until midnight (PST) on Wednesday Aug 7th

Also you don't need to own a Kindle to use the Amazon Kindle app and download kindle books.

Leave a Review on Amazon

I would love a review, so please grab your free copy now and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers~Joe

Don't own a Kindle?

I know some people have had trouble accessing my books in the past. The truth is you don’t need a Kindle! There are a variety of free ways you can read a Kindle eBook:
+ Read it on your PC or Mac (Kindle Cloud Reader)
+ Read it on your iPhone or iPad (iTunes App)
+ Read it on your Android (Kindle for Android)
+ Read it on your Blackberry (Kindle for Blackberry)
In short, it’s really simple to read Amazon Kindle books – No matter what type of device you use to access the Internet.

Thanks for Making UFT API Manifesto #1

I have the greatest blog subscribers! Thanks to you The UFT API Manifesto opened at #1 in the Amazon Best Sellers Software Development category.

Aditya - August 6, 2013

Hey Joe,

How are you doing? Firstly congrats on this newbook of yours. I am sure this would be one of its kind, waiting to grab a copy. Is there any way that I can probably download a pdf version for the same?

Best Regards,
Ady

babu - August 21, 2013

Hello Joe,

Thank, you for writing such a useful book!
Q: Is it possible to imbed scripting into soap request elements to produce things like random numbers or random selections from a pool of names? If so, how may I get started?

babu

Joe Colantonio - September 2, 2013

Thanks Babu – you could use UFT API’s custom code activity and program the random name/number functionality that you need. THere are so many ways to do this in C#. I would google c# code to create random names or numbers and cut and paste the code in the custom code activity and see if that work for you.

Xaver - September 3, 2013

damn i have no Kindle..is it possilble to get it Word, Pdf etc?

br
xaver

Joe Colantonio - September 3, 2013

Hi Xaver – if there is enough demand I might have some paperback copies available. For now:
    Don’t Own a Kindle Reader?
    Read it on your PC or Mac (Kindle Cloud Reader)
    Read it on your iPhone or iPad (iTunes App)
    Read it on your Android (Kindle for Android)
    Read it on your Blackberry (Kindle for Blackberry)

Read more: http://www.stevescottsite.com/outsourcing-mastery#ixzz2dpUX40g5

Chandra - October 15, 2013

Thanks for the excellent book on UFT-Service testing.I bought one and is was very well written and thanks for the great job.

I had a question though, like if I want to make my WSDL url generic(like regular expression for diff environments like Dev, QA) and at run time decide which URL to use(something like config file where I decide the environment and pre-setup), I wonder if we can do the same in API testing?
If yes, can you please let me know where and how I can do it?
Thanks in Advance!!

bin - October 31, 2013

I think the book it very useful for my work. But, u konw, Because the network permission in china, I can’t get the book convenient, and can u send a copy version to my e-mail. Thanks!

Yasser - February 20, 2014

Hi joe , 1st of all Thanks a lot for your effort ,
the question i have is about HTTP Receiver , will that book be helpful on that , i can do it on SOAPUI ( Mock Service ) But not UFT Service test ,
will the book answer that ? do you suggest any tuturials on that ?

Joe Colantonio - February 23, 2014

Hi Yasser – Sorry I don’t cover the HTTP receiver in the book. I will try to add more info when I update it.

Yasser - March 5, 2014

Thanks For Reply , I will keep searching :)

john-antony - April 4, 2014

Good afternoon,

Is there a hard copy of the The UFT API Testing Manifesto – that I can purchase or somewhere I can print it from?

Pawan Kumar - January 21, 2015

Can you send me a pdf version of your book on my email.

PK

Jeena - October 26, 2015

I bought your book to help me send messages to a JMS queue. I am using Tibco EMS as the middleware. I still do not have a breakthrough. UFT is just not connecting to the queue. Any ideas?

Also where can I see the logs? The last run results viewer shows it as if it did not run. There are no errors and no results.

nel - January 21, 2017

Hello, Joe. Is your book still free? They are charging for it in Amazon. I’d like a copy in kindle version, may you send a copy to my email? Thanks!

Joel - January 27, 2017

Can you please make a course which –

1- Mentions the basics needed before you learn rest testing.
2- Teaches beginner to advanced level rest api testing techniques using libraries like rest assured.
3- Has an enterprise grade project for us to hone our skills.

I’d gladly pay at least $1000 for such a course.

Thanks !!!

PRAFUL - July 3, 2017

Please let me know whether below mentioned topics are described in your book or not!
1. Rest API testing process