ALM Test Lab Launch Report Button grayed out issue
I just wanted to write a quick post for one of the questions I get asked often from my co-workers:
“Why is the Launch Report button grayed out in the Test Lab, Execution Grid?”
Luckily the fix is easy, but rather than to continue to answer each one individually, I thought it would be better to frame my reply in the form of a quick post.
How to fix the Quality Center Launch Report Button
The ALM execution grid's Launch Button is easily enabled by downloading and installing the HP QuickTest Add-in for ALM/ QC. To install:
- In ALM click on the Help>Add-ins Page menu option
- In the Application Lifecycle Management – Add-ins screen select the More HP ALM Add-In link
- Under the Add-ins for HP Applications choose either the QuickTest Professional or the Unified Functional Testing add-in. This add-in enables you to work with QTP/UFT in an HP ALM project
- Install by taking all the default options
- Once installed navigate back to ALM>Test Lab>Test Set>Execution Grid and notice that the Launch Report is now enabled
Cool – that's it – hope it helps.