HP UFT 11.53 Patch Released
It's Thanksgiving in the U.S. today, and HP has given Unified Functional Testing automation engineers something else to be thankful for –- UFT 11.53 Service Pack — which is stuffed like a thanksgiving bird with a bunch of new goodies!
ALM Integration Changes
- BPT UI editing changed added inside UFT
- GUI test now have SV integrations
- Delete ALM results using the Run Result Tool within the Run Result Viewer – Cool!
GUI Testing Changes
- RDP – Continue UFT run session after closing RDP connection! What!? I'll believe it when I try it. I've been waiting for this functionality for years!!
- Added ability to pass output parameters back to calling GUI action
- Updates to Flex support
- Updates to HTML 5 support
- You can now activate 64 bit DLL files
- WPF/.NET add-in improvements
- SAP NWBC-web object support updates
- Support for Windows 2012 and Citrix 6.5 added
API Testing Changes
- Create web service activities from Network Capture Data (PCAP File). I have no idea what this means but it sounds cool. Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post on this one once I figure it out.
In general this patch is supposed to fix known performance and quality issues found in UFT 11.50 and the previous service packs. UFT 11.53 Also includes a ton of change requests that should make UFT test automation a little easier.
- RunAction statement issue resolved
- Funky Environment value ActionIteration issues resolved
- UFT memory issue with large function library fixed
- Some SERVICE-TEST tests not able to open in UFT fixed
- Unable to located the project file error when saving API test resolved
- Improvement in generating test results for long running scripts
- The ability to recognize java objects on 64 bit OS added
- Weird database column issue with UFT 11.52 and ALM 11 patch 13 resolved
- XML ignore xpath functionality should now work
- QCUtil.CurrentTestSetTest.name method issue resolved
- Component names that include a slash issue addressed
- Concurrent users running the same BPT on a terminal server fixed
- Reusable action being called that work on QTP 11 failing in UFT has been resolved
- Java app button click function fixed
- Upgrade issue with some QTP VB script to UFT resolved
How to get the UFT 11.53
Click on the patch name below to directly download the UFT test automation patch from HP's support site (username and password not required):