UFT support for Google Chrome Frame
I’ve received a few emails over the past years inquiring about if QTP supported Google Chrome Frame. I’m surprised I’ve never created a post specially to address this question. So rather than to continue to answer each one individually, I thought it would be better to frame my reply in the form of a quick post.
- QTP 11
does not support Google Chrome Frame.
- UFT 11.5
does support Google Chrome Frame v15-v26
- Google Chrome Frame in Embedded Browsers is not supported by either QTP 11 or UFT 11.5
Configure Google Frame UFT extension
Sometimes there is an issue with Google Frame and UFT that requires the UFT extension to be manually enabled. If you think this is an issue you are experiencing try:
- Make sure all running IE and Google Chrome processes are closed
- In Windows click on Start>Run and type in regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\ChromeFrame
- If the ChromeFrame key does not exist create one
- Add the registry key (DWORD) named AllowUnSafeURLs and set it’s value = 1
- In IE navigate to: gcf:chrome://extensions
- Make sure that the Unified Functional Testing Agent is enabled.
- Close all browser instances and restart IE