What’s new in UFT 12.5
Good news for QTP/UFT engineers HP has just released the latest version of Unified Functional Testing 12.5 which is loaded with a bunch of highly anticipated automation goodies. The UFT 12.5 install also includes the option to install LeanFT.
What is new in UFT 12.5
Here are the newest features that HP has added
- LeanFT – use LeanFT to create automaton scripts using the same tools as your developers like C#, Java, Visual Studio or Eclipse. I’m most excited about this feature and will be posting much more on it in the future so stay tuned.
- Mobile – Mobile testing has been expanded to include new capabilities like the use of the Spy and Highlight controls in your mobile application.
- HTML Report – New HTML-based run results report. This report is used by both UFT and LeanFT. This report should load faster than the older UFT reporter and more important results can be easily sent to others on the team with them having to install anything on their system to view.
- Version Control Integration – this is been a feature I’ve been requesting for at least five years and I can’t believe it’s finally here. You can now integrate with version control systems like GIT or SVN to now directly store your UFT tests
- Run test without the UFT IDE – There is now a feature to be able to run your UFT test without having to use the UFT IDE. This is a feature is awesome especially if you need to run your test in a CI environment. When you do an install there is now a feature to just do a RunTime engine option.
- BPT – New SAP options that allow you to test SAP application with BPT using HP’s BPT Package Apps Kit.
- Cross Browser – If you’ve created tests in QTP/UFT before you know how difficult cross browser testing can be. IN UFT 12.5 there is a number of changes that help to create a more uniform test across all browsers.
Those are the most important changes to me. HP has also made a number of enhancements to UFT.
Unified Functional Testing Enhancements
Here are the main UFT add-ins that have been improved in the latest release:
- Flex – New support and capabilities have been added to Flex which can now work with embedded FlexTreeView controls
- SAP – SAPUI5 is now supported in Chrome and Firefox
- SiebelOpenUI – can now work with buttons and drop down lists
- Oracle – the add-in now supports menus in an Oracle application.
Also new environments are now supported by UFT 12.5
UFT 12.5 New Environments Supported
•Safari 7.1 and 8
•Siebel 126.96.36.199 high interactivity
•Siebel 188.8.131.52 high interactivity
•Flex 3.6 and 4.1.0
•Hummingbird HostExplorer14 (64-bit) TE
• VMware ESXi 5.5
•ASP .NET AJAX 4.1.5
•Ext-JS 4.2.2 and 4.2.3
•Google Web Toolkit (GWT) 2.
More to come
I just wanted to give you a quick overview to let you know that UFT 12.5 is now available and what changes have been made.
Make sure to come back often for new post that I will cover many of these new features in. Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like me to focus on.