New Critical HP ALM/QC Patch Released
Not sure how I missed this until now but HP released a new critical patch for ALM/QC 11 last month.
Patch 10 Fixes
Critical Patch 10 for ALM/Quality Center includes the following change:
- The filter for the coverage analysis view did not work as expected and the Test Coverage chart displayed incorrect info.
- Some superfluous newline and carriage return characters were added when generating an Excel report.
- Graph output was inconsistent when generated for three or more projects.
- Excel reports containing memo fields caused inconsistent exceptions.
- Project reports with a Design Steps section and a Design Step Attachment subsection failed due to an unexpected server error.
- ALM tables that are used by Excel reports were locked upon generating the report.
- Numeric user-defined fields (UDFs) that were used in Excel reports’ Post Processing scripts were handled as strings. This caused post processing to fail.
- In some cases, where the ALM client runs on a Windows 7 operating system with Office 2010 installed, generating Excel reports resulted in an error.
- The configuration of a graph defined for requirements did not show the Name field as the X-Axis field.
- This resulted in upgraded reports that showed no X-Axis description.
- The Coverage analysis view in the Requirements module showed empty results when the analysis type was set to Execution, the filter was set to a specific cycle, and across filter was defined for test configuration.
- The Drill-Down option of Analysis Graphs did not display newly-linked entities.
- Doc Generator failed to complete when executed for QTP tests having function calls.
- Custom Memo fields applied from template were not included in Doc Generator reports with “Full Page” Layout.
- Silent installation of ALM failed when a deployment path other than the default was used.
- Users assigned to a group with “Change Comment” permission only were able to move requirements between folders by means of drag and drop.
- Traceability matrix did not work when a data hiding filter was defined.
- Updating multiple, selected requirements with Target Release and Target Cycle required a validation confirmation for each requirement folder. Now, the validation confirmation is required only once.
- An error was displayed when changing the type of a requirement in the Details pane. This error occurred only when a workflow was defined to change the order of the fields using the Req_MoveTo procedure.
- Selecting a large number of requirements in the Requirements Tree view took a longer time than selecting the same in Grid View.
- Generating a graph using the Graph Wizard showed data from all tests even though only one test was selected.
- Importing of baselines failed when the baselines contained deleted tests as part of their content.
- Baseline comparison failed for certain projects.
- Baseline synchronization between projects failed to complete.
- An error occurred when adding the same component twice to a business process test.
- Run iteration data was incorrectly generated for business process tests with a single iteration.
- An error occurred when several instances of components where added to a business process test.
- It was possible to create input and output flow parameters with duplicate names.
- Business process tests failed to run in some projects that were imported from an earlier path if the business components had some parameters defined.
- Copying a specific project fromSQL2005 to SQL2008 or to Oracle 11 failed.
- Changes made to design steps ina test plan were not committed after the view is refreshed.
- For example, modifications made to a pasted design step were lost after a consecutive paste action.
- If a parameter had a value longer than 4000 characters, an error appeared upon switching to the Parameters tab in the Test Plan module.
- For tests having a large number of test instances, the Go to Test in Test Set action in the Test Plan module produced an error message and failed.
- Changes made to the test description were not kept when moving from the Details tab to the Steps tab in the Test Plan module. Note: This fix will be available in OTA in a future release.
- Inserting a new step to a test plan with a long list of steps did not keep the view focus on the newly-added step.
- The description field in the Test Details dialog box that is opened from the Manual Runner became modifiable after switching to the Comments tab.
- The Back to Caller Test button was missing from the view of a called test in the Test Plan module.
- An error was displayed after running a test set in the Test Lab module if that test set contained a test having a user-defined field of memo type.
- A test configuration parameter contained incorrect values in cases where another test instance had the same ID and parameter name. Note: Test configurations that had been added before this fix will still contain incorrect test parameter values. In such cases, delete and recreate the test configuration that has the incorrect test parameter values.
- A new design step added to a business process test was saved even though the Cancel button was eventually clicked.
- When multiple Automatic Runner windows were opened, closing the first window that was opened resulted in closure of all other windows.
- Test sets with around 30,000test cases each failed to run.
- Empty folders were hidden when a sort was set in Test view or Test Set view and data hiding filter was set, even though these folders did not fall under the data hiding filter criteria.
- The result of running a testset that consisted of different configurations of the same VAPI XP was not saved properly.
- Applying favorites\filters in the Test Lab module did not show the expected result. Also, the layout of the Execution Grid was not refreshed according to the applied favorite\filter.
- The view of the Execution Settings tab of a test instance that was created from a business process test having hundreds of parameters took along very longtime.
- Error messages were displayed incorrectly after canceling the execution of the Manual Runner for tests defined with required fields.
- A significant delay was experienced when re-ordering items in the Execution Flow tab in the Test Lab module.
- An error was displayed when a user attempted to add a host to a host group after that host was renamed.
- A Test Runs linked to a defect could not be displayed when the associated defect in the Test Runs view was located after the first 500 records of the Test Runsview.
- The date notation in the automatically generated name of a Fast Run(i.e directly modifying the Test Run statusfield) was wrong.
- In case of a Fast Run, the Tester field was not automatically updated to the current user name.
- Two executable files were unnecessarily downloaded when QTP connected to ALM for the first time.
- Two Automatic Runners could not simultaneously run test sets from a single test host.
- An error message was occasionally displayed when a user set a data-hiding filter on a test set or test and expanded a folder with more than 30subfolders.
- Default sort of Runs list in test instance details was from oldest test to the latest. Now the default sort shows the latest run on top.
- The Designer field in the New Test dialog box did show the correct letter case of the user name.
- When copying a test instance having parameters of the same name from different called tests, the values of the parameters were not copied properly.
- In version-controlled projects, check-in failed after removing all parameters of a test.
- The Subject field of a defect that was submitted from the Manual Runner was not automatically updated.
- In some cases, test configuration status was not updated with the latest status.
- Test Configuration values were not restored properly from baselines.
- The LoadRunner Controller could not find the service test scripts when saved on ALM.
- The ALI extension file was not added to the MSI package.
- System memory was not properly released in a specific utilization of the OTAAPI.
- “Invalid Command Line. ” Error when trying to launch Sprinter Results Viewer from ALM/QC interface with user which ALM/QCuser name contains spacesQCCR1J19376 – When creating a defect from a test run the Detected in Cycle field was not properly updated.
- The modification of a defect made by one user was not visible to a different user as the latter user tried to update the defect.
- The Subject field of a new defect was not updated automatically when that defect was created from the ManualRunner.
- The “Required Defect Fields” dialog window was not refreshed when additional fields became required after updating some of the required fields in the dialog window.
- In setting the visible columns of a grid view, columns that were moved from Visible Columns back to Available Columns were not positioned in alphabetical order.
- An exception occurred when attaching a file to a test folder with more than 1000 attached files.
- The Find option in filter selection trees always returned an empty result.
- The .NET Custom Test Type Developer Guide was missing from the documentation library.
- An open Help window was unintentionally closed when a Defect ID link was activated from the Alert dialog box.
- Filters of Quality Center 10. 00 projects were not upgraded as favorites in ALM 11.00
+ # keyboard combination using a Finish language deployment changed the active page, just like the + # keyboard combination.
- Uppercase Email addresses added to the Send E-mail dialog box produced an error.
- Incorrect embedding of a license caused an error to be thrown whenever the Thesaurus utility was accessed.
- When copying text into the memo field, the font size and font could not be modified in the Memo field.
- URL attachments with Danish characters could not be opened.
- Pasting a cell from Microsoft Excel into a rich text description failed and produced an error.
- The SQL statement used for session login did not bind literal values causing each individual statement to be parsed and cached individually.
- Now binding is used to consolidate many individual statements into a single structure.
- In some cases, comparing or synchronizing entities failed repeatedly.
- Attachment rename action was not invoked as expected after two consecutive clicks.
- OTA based application stopped working after consecutive runs on a multi-core Windows operating system.
- A dialog window requesting registration was displayed on running spell-checker.
- Spell Checker and Thesaurus utilities failed to run when invoked without leaving the edited field.
- The Run_MoveTo method returned an incorrect run ID.
- When a button was added through work flow, the Action Name field got shortened.
- A specific workflow intended to hide fields produced an error when executed.
- The Cancel All button in Required Field form reverted only the data changes.
- The cancel operation did not revert changes to the field properties that were made by a workflow.
- The VBScript Home Page link under the Help menu in the Workflow Script Editor window did not work.
- In upgraded projects, the GetDetailsPageName event was not triggered in all required scenarios.
- The workflow action SendMail used the wrong email address in the From field.
- Disabling the “Continue ManualRun” button from a workflow caused the ManualRunner.
- Run_MoveTo() subroutine to remain disabled.
- The Release_Field Change and Cycle_Field ChangeRelease workflow subroutines were not triggered after rescheduling a Release or a Cycle.
- Users of the Viewer group were able to check in and check out entities.
- Entitles in projects using a binary collation database in SQL Server could not be checked out.
- Generating Excel reports via workflow could not be executed properly.
- An “Export Finished Successfully” message was displayed after the export of a project failed due to the fact that the project was undergoing migration at the same time.
- Export of a project that was created prior to SP3 failed due to missing column SRPF_GC_DETECTED_TIME.
- Now, prior to export, the missing column is added.
- Logging into an ALM running on Solaris server with more than 6GB heap size caused a FileNotFound Java exception.
- A unique constraint error was thrown while upgrading a project from QualityCenter 9. 20 to ALM 11.00
- After a successful repair, upgrade fails due to problems in theRUNTIME_PARAM table.
- An exception occurred whenupgrading from Quality Center 10.00 To ALM11.00 The problem was related to thebp_iter_param table.
- Attachments added to a testplan folder remain locked after updating their description.
- The Attachment icon did not appear in Manual Runner steps.
- The Site Administration API method DisconnectUser did not disconnect the user and returned an error message.
- Users were not able to log into Site Administration if the language format was set to Ecuador.
- The Site Administrator could remove a project after a failed restore.
- The last digits of login time columns were hidden in the Site Connection grid.
- A user belonging to the Viewer group only could not browse the whole Description field text due to the scroll bar being locked.
- Non-administrator users could not start Site Administration when using ALM Explorer.
- The Site Analysis graph of license utilization showed inconsistent data between weekly and monthly reports.
- When deleting a project in SiteAdministration with a few web servers in LoadBalance, the deleted project remained on the other servers in inactive state.
- Garbage Collection (GC) job of the smart repository did not update its last run indication if it could not connect to the project DB schema.
- When setting LDAP import processes, the error message relating to the record limit value was incorrect.
- When using Internet Explorer 7 to run ALM client, and closing IE 7 using the Close Window button, IE becomes unresponsive.
- In specific cases, some database queries resulted in an overall blocking of the ALM database.
- New-line characters disappeared when defects were exported to Excel in projects upgraded from Quality Center 9.20
- The Status field of a test instance in the Execution Grid could not be updated when working with ALM Explorer.
- When using ALM Explorer, the Reset Password link now properly triggers ALM Explorer to open rather than Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Updating a user list field with an empty string did not nullify the field.
- The ability of changing the ALM logo with custom branding (customer’s own logo) was not available.
- Default values for the same entity from two different modules where saved per module instead of having the default values shared across modules.
- Changing the LOCK_TIMEOUT site administration configuration parameter resulted in a poor performance when editing Memo fields.
- Renaming defect\defects strings in the Defect Module did not work properly.
- The Set Default Values option produced an error when performed for a field using a multi value lookup list.
- It was possible to modify Memo fields in the Defects module concurrently by different users, having one overriding the modifications of the other.
- Tabs for Memo fields were ordered by their database name rather than the user label.
- The New Test button in the TestPlan module screen remained enabled when the Unattached folder was selected.
- The Replace function inside Memo type fields did not work properly.
- The Filter dialog box for a test set did not provide the pre-defined values for the Planned Host Name field.
- QCCR1J26258 – In Customization’s Project Users grid, you could search for users only by user name. Now you can click the Full Name column, and type a full name. The first user whose full name matches what was typed is located.
- In some specific cases an error message was displayed when switching between modules and entities in Customization mode.
Patch 10 also includes the following enhancements:
- You can now create cross filters in the Test Lab module’s tree by Responsible Tester.
- A warning message, that is displayed when editing a called test’s steps while the called test is running, was repeatedly displayed for every step. Now this message is displayed only once.
- In the Test Plan module, the state and position of the Test Configurations bottom pane under the test selection tree is now persistent for each user.
- Release scope items are defined by including requirements, tests, test sets, and defects. Now you can also filter which defects to include.
- In the Releases module > Release Scope tab, you can include one of the following:*Defects that match certain criteria. Defects that are linked to certain requirements, tests, and test sets. Note: Links between defects and test sets also include indirect links to: Test instances, Runs and Steps.
- KPIs related to defects (such as Severe Defects) are calculated accordingly on scorecards, providing a greater measure of accuracy.
- MSI Generator now supports combinations of Registered and Shared files in the same locations.
- MSI packages now support deployment of multiple ALM servers.
- Silent installation is now available for System Test Agent. Note: The silent installation of System Test agent cannot be executed on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when User Account Control is enabled.
- Login to ALM over HTTPS with client certificates is now supported.
- As of patch 10, HP ALM 11. 00 is certified for the following servers, databases, and tools:
- Oracle 184.108.40.206
- MS SQL 2008 SP3
- Windows 7 SP1 32Bit as Client OS
- Red Hat 5. 7 64bit as Server OS
- Red Hat 5. 8 64bit as Server OS
- Oracle 220.127.116.11
- PC 11.00 Patch 6 The following are some limitations relating to the new certifications:
- STM, ST are not certified on Oracle 18.104.22.168
- MS SQL 2008 SP3
- STM, ST are not certified on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit as client OS
- STM, ST are not certified on
- Red Hat 5. 7 64bit,
- Red Hat 5. 8 64bit as server OS
- STM, ST are not certified on Oracle 22.214.171.124
- For an overall description of certified environments see the System Requirements section below.
Performance and stability improvements
This patch also includes various performances and stability fixes. The performance improvements include:
- Improvements on the server cache mechanism Memory utilization improvements due to background job changes Improvements to SQL queries
- The stability items include: Fixes of server deadlocks that resulted in sporadic crashes
- Fixes in the PC extension that caused server crashes controlling the size of the attachments Description: A new parameter enables you to control the size of attachments. Solution: The site parameter UPLOAD_ATTACH_MAX_SIZE (size in KB) has been added. It controls the size of attachments added using OTA and in the User Interface. It does not control the size of attachments in integration tools.
How do I get this patch?