Just a quick heads up if you are having issues when using the web_services_set_security function in LoadRunner.
The web_service_set_security function is used to add security tokens to subsequent soap and web service calls. When replaying one of my web service scripts that use the web_services_security function I keep getting an “Action Mismatch” error.
Cause for the Action Mismatch Error
The script is using the web_services_set_security to create a message signature. But LoadRunner is sending the whole message with a Time Stamp, Body and Header.
This behavior is killing my application service because it only expects to receive the Body to be signed — not the whole message. Because of this behavior I keep getting a LR “Action Mismatch” error. After looking around in HP KB I found out this issue is a known product defect.
How to Resolve this LoadRunner Error
- First grab the file DeleteSoapHeaders.zip from my download section.
- Copy the DeleteSoapHeaders.dll to your Load Runners’s bin folder
- Next to configure the deleting headers choose either Method 1 Script Level or Method 2 Step Level below.
Method 1 Script Level
Making this change will send all the WSC’s in the script without any header in the soap envelope.
Navigate to your LoadRunner script’s directory and open the default.cfg file with a file editor like Notepad or Notepad++
Add a section called UserHandler to the very end of the default file. The exact section to copy is:
[UserHandler] Name=LrWsSoapFilterLoader Args=<Filters OutputFilterClass="DeleteSoapHeaders.OutputFilter" OutputFilterLib="DeleteSoapHeaders" /> Order=AfterSecurity
- Save the file and run your script. The
Method 2 Step Level
Making this change will only be applied to a specific step.
- Add the step that you want to send without the headers to the script
- Add the following lines of code to your step right before the BEGIN_ARGUMENTS element:
"UserHandlerName=LrWsSoapFilterLoader", "UserHandlerArgs=<Filters OutputFilterClass=\"DeleteSoapHeaders.OutputFilter\" OutputFilterLib=\"DeleteSoapHeaders\" />", "UserHandlerOrder=AfterSecurity",
That should work
Let it rip – you should be good to go now. Hope it helps you.