LoadRunner Error -26630 Not an XMLHttpRequest
Vugen Replay Error
I just wanted to give you a quick heads-up in case anyone else is seeing this behavior. I recently was asked if I have ever seen the LoadRunner error:
Error -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (eWS – Not an XMLHttpRequest) for “URL”
After some research it turns out that this is a known issue and there is a simple fix for it!
WTF causes this?
Turns out that this error occurs, during replying of a script, because the X-Requested-With and the X-Prototype-Version headers are missing in the http request.
To get past these errors here are the steps to follow for the failing script:
- In Vugen go to Record>Recording Options…
- In the Recording Options dialog, click on Advanced under the General>HTTP Properties section
- Under the HTTP Properties Advanced area click on the Headers.. button
- In the Headers dialog select Record headers in list from the dropdown
- Click on the + sign and add an entry for X-Requested-With
- Click on the + sign and add an entry for X-Prototype-Version
Re-run your script and the error should no longer appear.