Why this patch QTP run result viewer is needed
The nightmare that has been the Run Results Viewer in QTP 11 finally has a patch (RRV_00019) available to fix a bunch of common issues. If you are anything like me, after upgrading to QTP 11,the first thing you noticed was how loooong it took the test result viewer to appear . Also, I’ve seen some strange result viewer crashes on my lab machines that resulted in having to do a clean reinstall. Thankfully, the new patch will address those and many other issues you may be having. The patch fixes 13 issues in total, making it critical, in my opinion, that you install it ASAP.
What the patch fixes
The following is a list of issues that patch will fix:
- Issues with multiple text lines not showing up in the details area of the Result Detail pane.
- Failing to export run results for BPT tests that have names containing characters that cannot be used in file names — like < and > .
- Issues with exporting results that contain special characters that cannot be used in XML files.
- Reduces that amount of time it takes to open large test results.
- Reduces that amount of time it takes to export large test results.
- Display issues with the data table in results for BPTs created in QC 10
- Support added for multiple icon file types: ico, png, jpg and gif
- Issues with the run results tree being displayed correctly.
- Fixes and issue that sometimes caused the Run Results Viewer to crash
- Fixes Export of the Run Results to PDF for results with many nested action or images
- Show only the relevant data sheets for components in BPT tests
- Result viewer displayed incorrect images for multiple runs of more than one iteration of the local data table sheet.
- Fixes a problem with the Run Results viewer took a long time to download from QC 10
Get the run result viewer Patch
Like I said, this is a critical patch, so save yourself some headaches and install it now. To get RRV_00019 either request it from HP support or you can download it from https://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads
For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article: QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates