Occasionally I get request to add the web 2.0 add-in to my download section. For some reason many QTP users are not aware that QuickTest Professional 11 already has built-in support for GWT, Dojo, YahooUI and ASPAjax.
To enable the web 20 add-in you need to start the QTP install by:
- Clicking on the QTP11 setup.exe.
- On the QuickTest Professional splash screen you should see a link for ‘Add-in Extensibility and Web 2.0 Toolkits”:
- Click on the link
- The QuickTest Add-in Extensibility and Web 2.0 Toolkit Support screen should appear:
- Click on the Web 2.0 Toolkit Support Setup Link. (I think this is why there is confusion with this add-in. All the other add-ins are installed by clicking on the QuickTest Professional Setup link and selecting the add-in from the Custom Setup dialog – for some reason the Web 2.0 add-in is the only add-in that has a different install process.)
- On the QuickTest Professional 11.00 Add-ins for Web 2.0 Toolkits Setup select the add-ins that you want to install:
- Once the install is finished when you start up QTP you should now have an option to select the desired Web 2.0 add-in
That’s how you install the QTP Web 2.0 add-in. For more information on how to install/uninstall QTP check out my post: Everything you Ever Wanted to Know About Installing HP’s QTP