How to Save Elements in a Web Service Response to an XML file using UFT API
Today we’ll take a look at how to use Services Test’s ‘Custom Code’ activity to save some elements returned by a web service’s response to a XML file.
- Start the Sample Application that comes with Service Test (Start\Programs\Hp Service Test 11.10\Sample Application.
Write down the WSDL’s endpoint: http://localhost:24240/HPFlights_SOAP?WSDL
- Create a new test in ST and Click on the Import Service
- In the Import Service from URL or UDDI’s Address field enter: http://localhost:24240/HPFlights_SOAP?WSDL
Under ST’s ‘Toolbox’ under the ‘Web Services’ folder you should have a GetFlights operation. Drag that to the main canvas area.
In the GetFlights Property Sheet enter the following:
ArrivalCity = London
- Under the Toolbox Miscellaneous folder drag a custom code onto the canvas
Under the Custom code’s property sheet click on ‘Add Input Property’
- Name the input property flightXML type ‘String’
Link the flightXML value to the GetFlights output GetFlightResponse
- Click on the Custom Codes property sheet ‘Events'(thunderbolt) icon
- Select ‘Create a default handler’ under the ‘ExecuteEvent’
- Save your ST test up to this point
- In your custom code CodeActivity_OnExecuteEvent enter the following:
15. Run the test. The test should run without error and you should now have an XML file that looks like the following:
Next time we’ll take a look at how to read this XML and data drive the CreateFlights operation.