About Larry Goddard
Larry is a Test Automation Architect with responsibility for developing organization-wide automated test strategies and frameworks. He is a member of BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT (MBCS), Co-Founder of the KLASSI brand and have an open source automation framework ‘klassi-js’, hosted on both NPM and Github. (the framework of choice to Oxford University Press (OUP) QA department worldwide). He has acted as technical advisor to a major fashion house and an Expert Witness to a leading international law firm.
Larry is also the proud father of three awesome kids Lee-Ann, Leland and Leshem.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk with Larry Goddard
- At the moment I’m a staunch advocate of WebDriver.io I recommend it to everybody that I talk to.
- One of the things with WebDriver.io that it gives you is the ability to work which shadow DOMs. And that Shadow Dom is a big thing with selenium and everybody else at the moment. I actually created two little functions that go a grab the main DOM than find the shadow DOM and then pull whatever id that you need from there. dominant and pull whatever I any from their hero or a kind of a worker. But with this latest release of WebDriver.io, there is a new feature so that you can now call your Shadow DOM directly.
- ResembleJs as a tool that does image comparison. It allows you to pick out an image and compare it and then take another image of that same page at a later date and compared to the previous one that you took. That’s what it does in a nutshell. I use it for visual regression testing.
- For reporting, I like to use cucumber-html-reporter. What it does it grabs all the data and saves it as JSON but it also saves it as an HTML file with a nice graph on it. It separates all your functions, features, scenarios and all the steps. You could do a lot with it.
- What is one piece of advice I will give to people about test automation, Its a little saying that I heard a while back – “automation should only be used to enhance testing and not replace it”.
Connect with Larry Goddard
Rate and Review TestTalks
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page. Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Powered By SauceLabs
Test Talks is sponsored by the fantastic folks at Sauce Labs. Try it for free today!