QTP now Supports GOOGLE Chrome
If you're like me you've been waiting a long time for this one – QTP 11 now support testing web apps in Google Chrome!
HP Patch QTPWEB_00088 features and limitations
HP just released a new patch QTPWEB_00088 that contains the following features and limitations:
- QTP does not support recording steps in Google Chrome
- If you manually uninstalling the QTP agent extension from Tools>Extensions, you must manually reinstall it if you reinstall this patch.
Browser methods not supported
Also the following methods are not supported:
Running steps not supported:
- Chrome: //* pages
- Multiple tabs
- Multiple browsers
- Web pages that include frame sets
- WebXML test objects
- Web test objects located inside iFrame controls with a'blank' or 'about:blank 'SRC in property value
- Developers Tools Pane but running against Google Chrome while the developers tools pane is open is supported
- Web 2.0 test objects or Web Extensibility-based test objects
- Web-based env, such as SAP Web, Siebel, Java, .NET Webforms etc..
To Get the Chrome Patch:
To get the Google Chrome Browser Patch for QuickTest Professional either request it from HP support or you can download it from http://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads
For an updated list of all patches available for QTP 11 check out the Patches section in my article:QTP 11 Support Matrix with Patch Updates